Manufacturing and Operations
Reporting to the Assembly Team Leader, this entry level position will perform the assembling of modular structures and conveyance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assemble modular structures and/or conveyance using various tools and equipment according to job specifications.
- Read, interpret and follow basic blue prints and other written instructions and/or procedures to accurately assemble equipment and products.
- Install piping insulation per project specifications.
- Operate a forklift within the safety procedures and policies prescribed.
- Regular attendance in accordance with the attendance policy.
- Conduct activities in a safe and healthy manner and work in accordance with established safety and company requirements.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Breakdown pre-assembled units and modular structures per shipping schedule and instructions.
- Pack disassembled components for shipment per instructions.
- Stage packed components for shipment.
- Provide personal tools according to the department tool list.
- Perform set-up, material handling duties, and minor general maintenance.
- Responsible for area housekeeping.
- Participate in the processes of continuous improvement including efforts to meet company smart goals.
- Promote a positive working environment in order to achieve the organization’s goals.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Work is performed in an uncontrolled atmosphere. Exposure to harsh conditions—such as: dust, fumes, chemicals, hazardous materials, noise, and varying weather and temperatures. Potential exposure to jobsites both domestically and internationally; living accommodations in some foreign assignments may not meet expected U.S. standards.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand, use hands and fingers, grip, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and talk and hear. Ability to lift and carry 50 lbs. on a regular basis is required. Must be able to stand/walk 90% of the time and sit 10% of the time. Requires the ability to work from heights while utilizing the appropriate PPE for each situation.
KNOWLEDGE/ SKILL/ ABILITY/ EDUCATION/ EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. is preferred.
- One (1) to two (2) years of manufacturing and/or industrial construction experience is preferred.
- High mechanical aptitude is required.
- Experience with hand held tools (drill, circular saw) and assembling parts is required.
- High level of energy and motivation.
- Must be able to read a tape measure.
- Ability to read blue prints is preferred.
- Supplying personal tool requirements per department list is required.
- Strong math skills and problem solving skills are required.
- Must be able to perform job responsibilities at heights.
- Ability to operate a forklift and crane are strongly preferred; previous experience is a plus.
- Ability to work flexible hours including, but not limited to, frequent and mandatory overtime, and weekends are required.
- Must possess the ability to interact effectively with all levels of personnel, both hourly and management, in a team environment.
- Must comply with Roeslein’s core values for the safe and efficient operation of the business and maintain sound relationships among and with employees.