Conveyor Service Specialist
Manufacturing and Operations
The Conveyor Service Specialist (PCS Red Bud) resides in the Saint Louis area and responsible to provide technical support for PCS conveyance systems, including construction, installation, commissioning, and start-up phases of the process. This position is dedicated to support the region with excellent customer service.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Independently work assignments, such as identifying production issues related to conveyance.
- Ability to read and interpret product and installation drawings.
- Provide leadership to oversee precise installation of conveyance components and systems.
- Ability to operate safely various industrial lifting equipment (fork, scissor, and telescoping lifts).
- Ability to assign tasks to team members.
- Provide detailed service reports and project status reports (frequency to be defined)
- Build and maintain customer relationships within EU region.
- Provide detailed reports to manager of customer service regarding customer needs, project opportunities etc.
- Participate in project kick-off and closing meetings.
- Provide dedication/flexibility to projects requiring overtime. Projects periodically may require night shift to comply with customer production requirements.
- Must assist Roeslein Red Bud when not performing service calls or other Roeslein travel assignments.
- Travel internationally ranging from 50-70% per year.
- May require up to four (4) weeks on site at a time during projects; or occasionally more.
- Develop and maintain relationships with employees at all locations.
- Conduct activities in a safe and healthy manner and work in accordance with established safety and company requirements.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Promote a positive working environment in order to achieve the organization’s goals.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Work is performed in both office (controlled) and factory (uncontrolled) atmospheres. Exposure to harsh conditions—such as: dust, fumes, chemicals, hazardous materials, noise, and varying weather and temperatures—for short periods of time is possible. All employees are required to follow safety standards and wear all personal protective equipment (PPE) in designated areas.
The physical demands described is required for employee to perform successfully the essential function of this job. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand, use hands and fingers, grip, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and talk and hear. Ability to lift and carry 25lbs on a regular basis is required.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILL / ABILITY / EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
- Associates Degree in Mechanical, Manufacturing, Maintenance, or Packaging Engineering or relevant industrial experience is preferred.
- Minimum of three (3) to five (5) years conveyor or maintenance experience in an operating D&I can or lid plant is preferred.
- Must be capable of working independently on technical problems with minimal guidance from the Manager of Customer Service.
- Ability to troubleshoot conveyor and production process problems is required.
- General knowledge of PLC programming. Ability to troubleshoot and resolve is preferred.
- Knowledge of line control methodology and conveyor control, and other related manufacturing plant support systems is preferred.
- Must be able to apply knowledge from prior experience to new applications and new industries.
- Must have a good understanding of Mechanical Engineering principles.
- Prior experience in the D&I can and/or lid manufacturing industry is a plus.
- Must be able to relate and converse with customer Senior Management, as well as Plant Technicians in terminology the individuals can understand.
- Excellent communication skills; both oral and written is required.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Excellent organization and planning skills.
- Ability to effectively learn and acquire new knowledge and skills.
- Computer skills and an in-depth knowledge of Microsoft Office based programs required.
- Requires effective time management skills, personal conduct, and change management abilities.
- Ability to effectively interact with co-workers, clients, vendors, and other business contacts.
- Must comply with Roeslein & Associate’s core values for the safe and efficient operation of the business and maintain sound relationships among and with employees.