Network Systems Engineer
Network Systems Engineer (Mid-Level)
Overall Assignment Description:
Mid-level Network Systems Engineers develop telecommunications solutions involving computer and communications equipment. They analyze network alternatives and develop recommendations for improvements.
Network engineering support to reach across the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA), National System for Geospatial-Intelligence (NSG), Allied System for Geospatial-Intelligence (ASG), U.S. Government (USG), commercial, and foreign partner networks, to include network diagrams and configurations to aid in planning and evolving the NGA, NSG and ASG networks.
- Supports the analysis, design, testing, and evaluation of network systems, such as local area networks (LAN), wide area networks (WAN), Internet, intranet, satellite, and other data communications systems.
- Supports network modeling, analysis, and planning.
- Expected work activities the Network Systems Engineer position would be required to support include:
- Providing expertise and support for Network Architecture, design, implementation approaches and recommendations for NGA, NSG, and ASG operations.
Skills and Experience:
MUST POSSESS CURRENT TS/SCI CLEARANCE TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, Management Information Systems, or related STEM degree program.
- Mid-level (6+ to 12 years) working experience in cloud-based systems architecting.
- Network technology course/certification in TCP/IP with applied understanding of the following:
- Roles of devices in TCP/IP network
- Details of IP, ARP, TCP, ICMP and UDP
- Functions of FTP, HTTP, Telnet and other applications of TCP/IP
- Use of Voice over IP or VoIP, email messaging and multicasting
- Troubleshooting for TCP/IP issues at each network layer
- Network technology course/certification in one or more areas:
- Configuring TCP/IP on server computers
- Managing and troubleshooting DNS and DHCP
- Installing and configuring network and software infrastructure
- Configuring and managing device routing and remote access
- Monitoring and maintain network infrastructure
- Completion of a specialized wireless network course and/or certification