You'll be a key part of a cross-functional team that helps critical institutions solve their most pressing problems. You will partner with a team of analysts, developers, technical project mangers, and systems experts to ensure the company's core products run smoothly and securely. You will deploy your detailed understanding of cyber security methodologies to plan necessary security work and create implementation timelines by interfacing with customer technology and security points of contact, understanding system architecture, engaging with your engineering team, and actioning against roadmaps to complete updates as necessary. Your success will depend on an excellent understanding of technology infrastructures using Operating System Security Tools, Firewalls, VPN, Data Loss Prevention, IDS/IPS, Web-Proxy and Security Audits.
- Plan, implement, manage, monitor, and upgrade security measures to protect customer data, systems, and networks.
- Enable appropriate security controls to ensure that the customer’s data and infrastructure are protected.
- Test and identify network and system vulnerabilities.
- Troubleshoot security and network problems.
- Respond as necessary to system or network security breaches.
- Participate in the customer’s change management process.
- Daily administrative tasks, reporting, and communication with the relevant internal and customer counterparts.
Technologies We Use
- CentOS and Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- Prometheus and ELK (Elasticsearch, Logstash, and Kibana)
- Oracle, Postgres, Cassandra, Hadoop, and Elasticsearch
- NGINX and Apache HTTP servers
- AWS, Azure, VMWare, Kubernetes, and physical x86-64 server platforms
- LDAP, SAML, Public Key Infrastructure (PKI)
- Puppet, Ansible, and shell scripting
What We Value
- A degree in Computer Science, IT, Systems Engineering or a related qualification.
- Experience with incident detection, incident response, and forensics.
- Experience with Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIG), Risk Management Framework (RMF), Center for Internet Security (CIS) Benchmarks, and Secure Content Automation Protocol (SCAP).
- Familiarity with and awareness of cybersecurity trends and hacking techniques.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong attention to detail with an analytical mind and excellent problem-solving skills.
- (As required by U.S. Government contract) U.S. citizenship
- Current possession and ongoing maintenance of TS security clearance that has been adjudicated within the past five years.