Palantir - Technical Project Manager (TS)
As a Technical Project Manager, you are responsible for ensuring effective and efficient execution against the technical requirements of our projects. You track progress on everything involved in and related to your teams, anticipating and removing roadblocks and reducing friction. This role requires learning technical concepts quickly, strong project management skills, and the ability to effectively engage with the customer and other key external stakeholders.
You will work with customers, developers, and product teams to see projects through to completion. You excel at customer expectation management. You are communicative enough to keep myriad internal and external stakeholders informed on project status, organized enough to ensure all deliverables ship at high quality and on time, and savvy enough to spot and mitigate key risks to timely project completion. If you are ready to steer high-impact projects to success, we are excited to have you on our team.
- Liaise between teams of engineers and customers to drive successful product deliverables, as defined by adherence to scope, resources, and timeline.
- Monitor project progress continuously and watch for projects heading off-course, upcoming roadblocks, or deadlines in jeopardy.
- Communicate proactively with all stakeholders (e.g. product support, implementation team, business owners) to provide encouragement, identify problems, create solutions, and implement efficiency improvements.
- Create detailed status reports on measurable items, such as milestones, deliverables, and risk.
- Develop detailed project plans that merge customer requirements with company goals, while coordinating business and technical personnel during all project phases from initial development through implementation.
- Review proposed modifications on project plans, including meeting with interested parties to approve and implement beneficial changes.
What We Value
- Project management experience and ability to manage a project against key timelines and milestones with high attention to detail.
- Product support/software testing or related experience and/or CS or Engineering degree.
- Experience managing a team of engineers and engaging with product teams.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with an ability to understand and communicate software architecture decisions to external stakeholders and create technical documentation.
- Ability to understand and communicate software architecture decisions to external stakeholders.
- Ability to understand product strategy and ensure it is implemented properly on your team.
- Code management/collaboration experience (key tools include Jira, GitHub Enterprise).
- (As required by U.S. Government contract) U.S. citizenship
- Current possession and ongoing maintenance of TS security clearance that has been adjudicated within the past five years.