Integration Engineer (Mid-Level)
Overall Assignment Description:
Mid-level Integration Engineers are responsible for developing or assisting with the development of program and project integration solutions across the enterprise and determining integration/interface requirements. They work with systems engineers, solutions architects and programmers to ensure applications and systems interoperate to deliver end-to-end mission solutions and maintain the integrity of the system-of-system enterprise.
- Provides a total systems perspective including a technical understanding of relationships, dependencies and requirements of hardware and software components.
- Supports planning, implementation approaches, and documentation of solutions to total systems or subsystems using internally created and/or commercial off-the-shelf products.
- Analyses, designs, tests, and evaluates network systems such as Cloud Resident computing capabilities, satellite networks, local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs), the Internet, intranets, and other data communications systems ranging from a connection between two offices in the same building to a globally distributed network of systems.
- Supports the planning and implementation approaches of data management practices to treat and handle data as a resource.
- Assists Government in managing system development efforts, moves or modernization changes including analysis, telecommunications (LAN, WAN, voice, video), planning, cabling, IT and cloud requirements, network security measures, and other factors.
- Enterprise Integration Engineering (Cross System and Segment) work activities the Integration Engineer position would be required to support include:
- Enterprise Coordination of Integration activities, including:
- integration across the NGA, NSG, ASG, USG, commercial and foreign partner enterprise ensuring alignment of architecture, requirements and as-built capabilities, services and features are in compliance with all license and sharing agreements.
- Ensure integration across program, segment and project plans, technical roadmaps, and schedules to achieve the delivery of capabilities and effectivities.
- integration across the planned, in-work, and delivered services related to sensor integration programs, ensuring that all the “parts” connect, operate together successfully, and are consistent with enterprise plans and strategies.
- Review system integration documentation for accuracy, completeness, and harmony with enterprise integration efforts. Coordinate needed changes with appropriate program, segment, and project offices.
- Enterprise Integration and Modernization Support, including:
- Provide engineering, integration, and architecture analysis to support modernization efforts that incorporate standards-based, Commercial Off the Shelf (COTS) technology (e.g. ESRI’s ArcGIS) as the platform for both server and desktop components. Ensure alignment with the To-Be Architecture. Provide expertise to application development and create digital models/representation/documentation as appropriate to assist NGA modernization initiatives.
- Support the execution of pilots to inform the Analytic and Exploitation Environment, Structured Observation Management (SOM) with regard to Activity Based Intelligence (ABI) and Object Based Production (OBP) systems development, and the transition capabilities to operational systems of record. Assist with Analytic and Exploitation Environment integration summits and leadership and integration meetings with key stakeholder organizations.
- Support the identification, planning, design, development and integration of Automation, Artificial Intelligence and Augmentation (AAA) technologies into the modernization efforts.
- Develop and maintain integration project plans and schedules for each Modernization effort to make certain that program, project, and/or segment requirements and schedules are aligned and baselined to ensure end-to-end system integration.
- Use Model-Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) tools and methodologies to support ongoing enterprise integration and modernization efforts.
Skills and Experience:
MUST POSSESS CURRENT TS/SCI CLEARANCE TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, Management Information Systems, or related STEM degree program.
- 6+ to 12 years working experience in government or industry in data base management or Big Data analysis.
- Current TS/SCI security clearance.
- Working knowledge of Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE), processes