Data Scientist (Mathematical and Statistical Sciences)
Technology and Computer-related
(ALL CANDIDATES MUST HOLD AN ACTIVE DOD TS/SCI CLEARANCE TO APPLY)
We are seeking a mathematical and statistical scientist who possesses a strong background in the development and application of data mining, analysis, aggregation, fusion, and visualization in order to process, analyze, and integrate raw data facilitating the production and dissemination of scientific and technical intelligence and general military intelligence relating to foreign ground forces research, development, systems, and operations. Focus of work is to contribute to data-driven all-source analysis, assessment, and decision making and implement innovative methodologies which enhance production and dissemination activities. Must currently possess a DoD TS/SCI clearance.
This position is located at a Government installation in Charlottesville, VA.
THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS MUST BE MET TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
- Possess a DoD TS/SCI clearance.
- MA/MS in Statistics, Mathematics, or a related field with 3-10 years of experience.
- Experience in processing, tagging, and indexing unstructured, semi-structured, and structured classified and unclassified data sets.
- Experience developing research designs, including formulating testable questions, identifying and defining key concepts and variables, and matching appropriate methods to problems.
- Experience in data project management, including cleaning and preparing data, and creating, structuring, and maintaining data sets.
- Understanding of data analysis, including manipulating datasets and interpreting findings using a mix of programs/environments, such as R, Python, Matlab, and techniques, such as text and pattern analysis, classification, change/anomaly detection, time-series, regression, geospatial, and/or social network analysis.
- Experience using text/web analytics for establishing and expanding keyword searches and using bibliometric analysis tools to perform horizon scans and deep dives into NGIC identified S&T research fields.
- Experience in creating mathematical models in R, Python, and/or Matlab.
- Willingness to work in small groups or independently as necessary.
- Demonstrated technical writing and presentation skills.
- Other duties as assigned.
- PhD in Statistics, Mathematics, or Data Analysis with 0-3 years of experience.
- Experience reviewing and assessing military ground technologies.
- Experience with all-source assessments for intelligence agencies.