Administrator & Management
Chief of Police
Florida SouthWestern State College is accepting resumes in search of a Chief of Police to lead the College's Public Safety operations. Responsibilities include performing basic law enforcement functions, while managing the activities of sworn law enforcement officers and other employees to ensure a safe and secure environment for students, staff and visitors on all Florida Southwestern State College campuses. As Chief of Police, this position serves in the administrative leadership role of Director of Public Safety. This is an administrator on annual contract position.
Please click here to see the complete job description.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher education in criminal justice, emergency management or related field.
- Six (6) years of experience in police/law enforcement administration and/or public safety management with at least two (2) years experience serving as a Lieutenant or Captain.
- Ability to work various shifts including day, afternoon and evening hours to meet the needs of the College.
- Must meet the requirements established in Florida Statutes Chapter 943.13 officers' minimum qualifications for employment or appointment.
FSW Employee Benefits feature:
- Competitive health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance options to meet your needs
- Generous paid time off includes vacation, sick, personal, holidays, and winter & spring breaks
- Florida retirement membership (FRS)
- Educational and professional development opportunities for you and your dependents
Salary: commensurate with experience
Accepting applications through June 20, 2019.
If this position sounds like an opportunity to which you aspire, please submit your resume for consideration to become one of the best, the brightest, the BUCS!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity.