Student Intern - Innovation and Learning
Innovation and Learning
Van Andel Institute’s Organization Innovation and Learning is currently seeking a student intern to join the team for up to 40 hours per week for summer 2020. As a student intern, you will be working under the mentorship of the Organization Innovation and Learning Manager and Chief Strategy Officer. You will have the opportunity learn business and organizational development processes and how to be an effective team member with cross-functional teams.
We are hoping to have you onboard by May and work through August 2020.
For this Internship you will have the opportunity to learn about teamwork and leadership by:
- Collaborating with the Good to Great teams on their offerings to the Institute – organizing, advertising, preparing documents, taking notes, preparing reports, and disseminating materials.
- Working with the manager to develop materials for professional development courses; develop and maintain databases on program offerings; and develop electronic materials.
- Setting up meetings, taking minutes, making copies, disseminating information, maintaining databases, etc.
We would expect you to be:
- Proficient in computer office applications (i.e. Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Good at organizational and collaborative skills and service
- Excellent at oral and written communication skills
- Professional in the work you do
- Respectful to others
- Fully engaged in your work
VAI defines a Student intern as a student employee continuing undergraduate or graduate studies while gaining experience at VAI. This is a paid internship, and the pay rate you can expect is $11.00-$12.50 per hour for undergrad and $13.00-$16.00 per hour for graduate students (pay rate based on number of college credits achieved). You will be offered parking in the Michigan Street Development parking structure, contingent upon availability, for a one-time parking pass fee of $15.00.
Interested students should apply by providing a cover letter and resume in a single combined PDF document. In your cover letter, please outline your experience or education to date, your future goals, and how these factors fit with the position description.
This position is located in Grand Rapids, MI. View the Google Map in full screen.