Home Rating Field Inspector - Southeastern Pennsylvania (Allentown; Greater Philadelphia Region)
Build your career with TopBuild, where talent meets opportunity! TopBuild Corp. (NYSE: BLD) is the leading installer and distributor of insulation products to the United States construction industry, based on revenue. We provide insulation installation services nationwide through our TruTeamSM business, which has over 190 installation branches located in 43 states; we distribute insulation and other building products nationwide through our Service Partners business from our 72 distribution centers located in 35 states; and we are a leader in building science through TopBuild Home Services, Inc. and its Environments For Living program. TopBuild’s corporate headquarters is located in Daytona Beach, FL.
Our Core Values: Safety - Integrity - Diversity - Customer Focus - Continuous Improvement - Innovation - High Performance Teams
Responsible for Home Energy Rating functions for residential new construction including, but not limited to, performance inspections and testing for Environments For Living, Energy Star, Code compliance, forensic diagnostics and National and Local Green programs. Responsibilities include day-to-day interactions with multiple builder accounts, including personal contact and explanation of various code & program requirements, scheduling and reporting. Operates in a customer-focused services environment. Servicing Southeastern Pennsylvania (Allentown; Greater Philadelphia Region - Including, but not limited to Berks, Lehigh, Bucks, Montgomery, Delaware and Chester Counties).
- Candidate must be a RESNET HERS Rater or Field Inspector in good standing with RESNET, or achieve required certification within 30 days of employment.
- Good understanding of residential construction (Building Science and Energy Modeling experience a plus).
- Use of computer/I-Pad for data entry and retrieval.
- Daily account maintenance of builder accounts of scheduled work as well as current activity and data collection for data management and utility reporting.
- Self-managed and motivated with an acute attention to details.
- Responsive to both internal and external customers and vendors and provides excellent customer service.
TopBuild Corp. is an equal opportunity employer. EOE Protected Veterans/Disability.
Please visit our website at www.topbuild.com; environmentsforliving.com
Certifications, Registrations or Licensure:
- RESNET HERS rater or Field Inspector in good standing with RESNET required within 30 days of employment.
Physical Requirements of the Job:
- Ability to move up and down ladders and in attic spaces
- Ability to carry 50 lbs
- Outdoor conditions, non-conditioned buildings and normal office settings
Special Requirements of Job
- May be required to work overtime and weekends to meet demanding schedules.
Minimum Education & Experience:
- Prefer Associate’s Degree, vocational or technical school degree, or 2 years experience in residential construction industry (minimum)
- Willing to train energetic and motivated candidates looking for a challenging and rewarding position in a very niche section of the construction industry.
Knowledge, Skills and Ability:
- Attention to detail – Careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Basic mathematics – Able to perform mathematical calculations (add, subtract, multiply, divide)
- Dependability – Reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
- Making Decisions and Solving Problems – Analyzing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Process Improvement – Evaluating and using relevant information and individual judgment to suggest ways to improve the work processes.