Home Field Inspector or Rater
Build your career with TopBuild, where talent meets opportunity! TopBuild Corp. (NYSE: BLD) is the leading installer and distributor of insulation products to the United States construction industry, based on revenue. We provide insulation installation services nationwide through our TruTeamSM business, which has over 190 installation branches located in 43 states; we distribute insulation and other building products nationwide through our Service Partners business from our 72 distribution centers located in 35 states; and we are a leader in building science through TopBuild Home Services, Inc. and its Environments For Living program. TopBuild’s corporate headquarters is located in Daytona Beach, FL.
Our Core Values: - Safety - Integrity - Diversity - Customer Focus - Continuous Improvement - Innovation - High Performance Teams
Responsible for Home Energy Rating functions for residential new construction including, but not limited to, performance inspections and testing for Environments For Living, Energy Star, Code compliance, forensic diagnostics and National and Local Green programs. Responsibilities include day-to-day interactions with multiple builder accounts, including personal contact and explanation of various code & program requirements, scheduling and reporting. Operates in a customer-focused services environment.
- Candidate must be a RESNET HERS Rater or Field Inspector in good standing with RESNET, or achieve required certification within 30 days of employment
- Good understanding of Building Science, energy modeling and residential construction of primary trades which affect overall building performance.
- Use of computer/I-Pad for data entry and retrieval.
- Daily account maintenance of builder accounts of scheduled work as well as current activity and data collection for data management and utility reporting.
- Self-managed and motivated with an acute attention to details.
- Responsive to both internal and external customers and vendors and provides excellent customer service
Working conditions, Physical requirements, other –
- Ability to move up and down ladders and in attic spaces
- Ability to carry 50 lbs
- Outdoor conditions, non-conditioned buildings and normal office settings
Supervisory or Management Responsibility
- Not responsible for supervising (hiring, firing, performance reviews or corrective action) others.
- Has no budget responsibility.
Decision-Making Level and Scope
- Decisions generally affect own job or specific functional area.
- Work progress is monitored by supervisor/manager. Follows precedents and procedures. May set priorities and organize work within general guidelines established by supervisor/manager who is available to resolve problem
Minimum Education & Experience
- Prefer Associate’s Degree, vocational or technical school degree, or 2 years experience in residential construction industry (minimum)
- Minimum 1-3 years general experience in Energy Modeling or Residential Construction.
- Must have an understanding of energy efficient software used to determine HERS score and other program requirements, as well as Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and/or Access or other applications).
Knowledge, Skills and Ability
- Attention to detail – Careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Basic mathematics – Able to perform mathematical calculations (add, subtract, multiply, divide)
- Dependability – Reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
- Making Decisions and Solving Problems – Analyzing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Process Improvement – Evaluating and using relevant information and individual judgment to suggest ways to improve the work processes.
- Certifications, Registrations or Licensur - RESNET HERS rater or Field Inspector in good standing with RESNET required within 30 days of employment.
Physical Requirements of the Job
- Work is performed primarily in the field and sitting for long periods of time and driving between locations.
- Must have physical ability to inspect attics, basement/crawlspaces and removal of various objects to clear pathways for access.
- Must understand performance testing equipment assembly (blower door, duct plaster, pressure pans, etc.) and be able to interpret results.
Special Requirements of Job
- May be required to work overtime and weekend to meet demanding schedules.
Please see following videos for blower door and duct blaster testing, this is the core work a home field inspector will perform:
Benefits: We promote an environment that offers a challenge, creates opportunities, fosters enthusiasm, maximizes full potential and rewards talent. We realize our employees are our most valued resource which is why we offer a variety of benefits including competitive compensation, comprehensive health, dental, vision coverage, paid holidays, paid time off, 401 (k) retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, employee assistance program services, flexible spending account (FSA), life insurance, short term and long term disability, discounted gym membership and a host of other discounts. Our goal is to promote a healthy work/life balance.
**TopBuild is an Equal Opportunity Employer**
Please visit our website at: www.truteam.com
- High school diploma or equivalent
Special Certification or Licensing:
-Other: HISC License
-Valid Driver''s License
Must be available to work overtime and weekends as required.
Type of Required Experience:
- Functional Specific (Project Management, Commercial Sales, Home Services, etc.)
Specify: Strong presentation and project management skills
Prior industry experience a plus.