Accounting & Finance
This is an entry-level position with opportunity for growth! We are looking for a motivated recent college to conduct credit analysis; including gathering, analyzing and interpreting all types of credit information on existing customers and portfolios. This individual will also assist in making recommendations/decisions regarding the extension of credit.
- Set up new accounts and files, perform credit investigations, use computerized scoring systems. Complete thorough financial analysis of accounts and/or utilize computerized credit scoring systems to insure appropriate customer credit limits are set. Collect on past-due receivables and prioritize collections activities bases on A/R software and collection strategy. Collect and investigate disputes within portfolio, communicate with sales team and others as needed.
- Risk Analysis: Analyze financial statements, process and evaluate bank and trade references and utilize online credit scoring application to support credit line decisions a plus.
- Workouts: Interact with CFS senior managers to resolve serious repayment issues. (Experience in Notes Receivable, Letters of Credit, Security Agreements and other workout mechanisms a plus.)
- Receivables Management: Manage client exposure (including job and order approval/releases) to granted credit limits in order to maximize revenue and minimize risk.
- Management Reports: Respond to management inquires as required. Utilize various ad hoc reports to maximize analysis and collection efforts if necessary.
- Special Projects and Team Participation: Participate in management directed projects as needed.
- Performs other related duties and participates in special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor degree in Accounting or Finance or discipline related to functional work or role OR demonstrated ability to meet the job requirements through a comparable number of years of applicable work experience.
- Able to demonstrate good problem-solving skills and appropriately apply proven solutions. Consistently deliver prescribed outcomes in a timely and accurate manner with appropriate guidance. Apply existing processes and procedures to solve problems and may receive guidance for problems that are non-routine.
- Able to apply general functional computer knowledge in utilizing Microsoft Windows, MAC or other technical tools to complete work assignments. May require knowledge of, or ability to quickly learn specialized software related to the position. Very good knowledge of SAP.
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Able to communicate effectively with diverse groups of people when completing work assignments.