Section 8 Case Worker
As a part of the Housing Services team, responsible for the facilitation of annual household re-certifications, inquiries into other programs and meeting with walk in clients seeking information. The ability to organize and track will be the key to success in this position. Must be willing to learn the regulations and operation of large housing programs (state and federal) and be able to serve as a resource to program participants and landlords. Must assist with the HUD Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher Program, the CT Rental Assistance Program. Due to the nature of the work of TVCCA, there may be additional programming added in the future. Responsible for retrieving phone messages. Responsible for performing in-house auditing of housing files. Must create corrective plans for files not in compliance with state and federal guidelines. The housing programs are deadline driven, must be able to have work completed accurately and on time.
Evening and/or weekend hours will be required based on the needs of the agency and clientele.
- Associates degree plus three years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must possess very strong communication skills, both written and oral.
- Must have excellent data management and computer skills.
- Must be able to multitask, working with several client files at one time.
- Must be able to complete work in a timely and accurate manner.
- Spanish speaking preferred.