POSITION SUMMARY: The Project Management Intern is responsible for project management, customer service, order pricing, project invoicing and project review for assigned applications; tracks, and controls projects by developing a project plan with deliverables, timelines, and issues lists. They coordinate with the client, sales, team members (programming, composition and accounting), and production associates to ensure on-time delivery and flawless execution of the commitment defined in the statement of work by the client and RRD. They maintain and review scheduling and monitor inventory/material planning, and provide regular client communication as part of the project plan.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1.Plans the production of a project by coordinating with team members, support, and production personnel in the production planning and scheduling; producing a project plan which includes work breakdown structure, resource requirements and schedule; and conducting a potential problem analysis and proactively planning for implementation to ensure project preparations are organized and completed in a timely manner.
2. Assembles the resources required for project implementation by working with production to schedule equipment; working to ensure inventory of component materials; working with composers to ensure client artwork meets manufacturing specifications; working with programmers to create output per client specifications; and working with the client to ensure delivery of customer-supplied materials.
3. Monitors and tracks the project plan by making adjustments to resources and schedules; communicating with team members and production; updating project plans and schedules as changes occur; reporting to the client, supervision, and the client relationship manager on project status.
4. Implements continuous improvement action plans to achieve quality, on-time delivery, and customer satisfaction goals.
5. Other duties as assigned.
Excellent performance may lead to full-time position with RR Donnelley.
- Minimum Requirements:
- Sophomore level or above, majoring in Business is preferred
- Strong computer aptitude
- Customer service skills required
- Must be able to work in a team environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Organizational and problem solving skills
- Flexible and adaptable
***Please attach a cover letter, resume, and unofficial transcript of coursework when you apply.***
RR Donnelley is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer