Westlake Village, CA•
T/O Printing is in need of an experienced press assistant to work second shift 2:00 pm to 10:30 pm Monday - Friday
- Ensure paper and or raw materials (inks coatings etc.) are stationed, loaded into feeders, hoppers, bins etc. to supply a constant flow of materials while the equipment is running.
- Make adjustments to equipment such as feeder mechanism based on the size of stock.
- Deliver equipment components such as plates, blankets and packing to the equipment for installation.
- Recycle old discarded plates.
- Provide basic assistance as needed to make ready the equipment for operation. Assist with, hanging plates and recycling/storing plates and other tasks associated with make-ready of plates.
- Position requires basic knowledge of press work procedures and materials such as stock, ink, packing, blankets and consumables.
- Ability to follow instructions assist in offset press setup, wash-up, operation and maintenance.
- Ability to operate a ruler, micrometer, handcart, pallet jack, stacker, paper flipper and forklift.
- Ability to perform a rule up, check pagination and content.
RRD is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer
- Must be able to work in a team environment and have previous experience in a commercial print shop environment.
- Job requires ability to exert 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Seven or more hours of intermittent standing or walking in an 8-hour workday are required.
- Sitting may be required only intermittently and occasionally.
- Stooping is usually required frequently.
- Overtime and weekends required as necessary.