Quality Inspector - 3rd shift
Our Plover, Wisconsin facility is part of our Supply Chain Solutions group where we specialize in ‘kitting’ – assembling packages for our commercial clients. Team members handle various tasks from inventory control to assembly – ensuring that the correct items are placed into consumer packaging – through to quality assurance and shipping. Our well lit production warehouse is clean, temperature controlled and most lines do not require hearing protection.
The incumbent is primarily responsible for inspecting materials and products, and following documented ISO processes and procedures to meet customer specific requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Inspect product for defects, damage and imperfections
- Maintain accurate and thorough record keeping
- Make sure quality requirements meet or exceed customer requirements
- Escalate all quality issues identified in the production process to the Quality Supervisor.
- Follow all documented processes and procedures
- Gather data and work with Supervisors and Account teams to resolve quality issues
- Assist in continuous improvement
- Participate in regularly scheduled staff meetings
- Cross-train in all departmental quality areas
- Comply with all facility safety and work rules; including, but not limited to security requirements, completing a job costing card and following proper procedures for accident/incident reporting, emergency evacuation, etc.
- Special projects as assigned
- Perform and maintain departmental 5S procedures
- Follow ISO procedures, participate in ISO audits and complete training
- Work in other departments as deemed necessary to meet business needs..
- All other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- 6 months applicable work experiences; or one year quality or manufacturing related experience.
- The position requires the ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals and the ability to compute rate, ratio and percent.
- The position requires the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form and the ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Able to stand as needed for the position.
- Able to lift 50 pounds on an occasional basis.
- Able to work weekend and overtime hours as needed.
RRD is an EEO/AA including Veterans and Disabled Employer