KIRK RD - Reads work order or follows verbal instructions to ascertain materials to be moved. Receives and acknowledges orders for inbound loads; offloads inbound materials and puts materials in designated locations in warehouse. May load materials into trucks and installs strapping, bracing, or padding to prevent shifting or damage in transit, using hand tools.
Conveys materials from storage or work sites to designated area, using hand truck, electric dolly, or other device. Counts, weighs, and records number of units of materials moved or handled on daily production sheet. Attaches identifying tags or labels to materials or marks information on cases, bales, or other containers. Stacks or assembles materials into bundles and bands bundles together, using banding machine and clincher. May use automated equipment and/or operate industrial truck or electric hoist to assist in loading or moving materials and products.
Good knowledge of general warehouse layout, item identification codes, basic warehouse procedures, and the storage areas in order to be able to place or pull paper stock, signatures and materials in accordance with standard procedures. Able to stock, move, arrange, and rotate items in accordance with operating instructions. Able to complete appropriate forms relating to stock description, quantity, unit of issue, and the labeling requirements for incoming and outgoing materials. Good skill in the use of shrink-wrap and strapping equipment, powered lift equipment, pallet jacks, manual dollies, carts or hand trucks and hand tools used in material handling tasks such as hammers, pliers, strapping and stretch wrapping tools and equipment, tape fasteners, metal band sheers and related equipment. May require skill in operating/using forklift truck.
- Operates equipment to move finished product for shipping or storage.
- Supplies Manufacturing Department with materials as needed.
- Stages product to be moved or shipped.
- Racks unused supplies and maintains an inventory of type, amount and location of items.
- Transports and processes manufacturing paper by-products.
- Performs routine daily inspections on hoist and assures maintenance needs are reported.
- May include battery service duties such as inspecting, recharging and replacing batteries of electric hand trucks, checking fluid levels, cleaning electrical leads and battery poles and lubricating truck's moving parts.
- Adheres to and promotes all safety policies and procedures including, but not limited to the proper handling of hazardous waste, lock out - tag out rules and hearing and eye protection policies.
- Must have a sense of urgency and desire to fulfill Customer expectations and be accountable in a professional manner.
- Performs other related duties and participates in special projects as assigned.
- It is the responsibility of all Solution Delivery employees to follow the requirements of their documented process as defined in the ISO Quality Manual.
POSITION AVAILABLE ON 2ND SHIFT.
RR Donnelley is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. The company's policy is to select, place and deal with all its employees without discrimination based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, age, disability, perceived disability, sexual orientation, protected Veteran status, genetic information or on the basis of any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
- Basic computer skills (inventory/production reporting software experience preferred).
- Ability to communicate in English; basic skills to read and interpret written work instructions
- Ability to work in a team environment required.
- Experience in material handling with a lift truck
- 2-3 years warehouse experience.
- Certification as an OSHA certified hoist operator preferred