Press Operator 1
2 Openings for a Press Operator 1 – 2nd or 3rd Shift Opportunities
The primary job functions of this position will be to successfully setup orders to customer specifications and maintain machine productivity standards and follow all Safety guidelines.
- Set up, adjust, operate, and maintain single or multi-color offset press to print single-color, two-color, and/or multi-color work which includes large solids, screen tints, line and halftones with critical color values and registration requirements ranging from hairline to critical or operate similarly situated equipment that applies a variety of non-ink based coatings to a paper web or sheet stock.
- Review job specifications to determine the press setup according to the imposition of the run (sheet wise or work and turn).
- Perform all make-ready tasks associated with the type of press operated such as hanging plates or installing cylinders, examine plates/cylinders for imperfections and checks for correct positioning of images, prepping blankets, adjusting tension and register etc.
- Make necessary color corrections and/or press adjustments prior to production run to meet and maintain the quality specifications of the work.
- Clean, lubricate, and maintain the press, making minor repairs and replacing worn or broken parts as required. Performs periodic maintenance recommended by the manufacturer.
- Other duties as required
RRD is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer
- Requires knowledge of offset printing procedures, materials, equipment and safety requirements and skills to perform assignments.
- Skill to read and understand job specifications to determine press set-up materials needed to run the job successfully.
- Must have sufficient knowledge of press capabilities to determine the most appropriate use of the press and corrective adjustments required to run efficiently. Knowledge of the appropriate amount of packing pressure needed to obtain the proper printing pressure for the type of job being run.
- Skill in use of micrometer to mount and align the printing plate correctly.
- Skill in routine operational maintenance and minor repairs to equipment.
- Ability to make adjustments to feeder and feed board (e.g., ability to adjust suctions and blast, front and side guides and the timing of the head stops).
- Ability to read, write and speak in the English language to the extent necessary to effectively communicate or interpret instruction.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out basic written or oral instructions.
- Prior experience on offset press or bindery equipment in a Commercial Print environment or production equipment experience with the ability to learn printing.