Follow detailed procedures to perform routine packing work.
Pick and package a variety of printed materials or print related items that require a limited variety of packing procedures and techniques.
Place, arrange, mark, seal, and tag items on pallets and in containers, bins, and bulk storage.
Consolidate various items for shipment in accordance with standard operating instructions.
Assemble finished products into boxes or containers for shipping.
Count and sort various product items.
Perform related tasks such as placing labels on packages, putting manuals into binders, and handling boxes for final product. Ensure accurate shipping information is attached and packages are shipped according to specified schedule.
Reads work order or follows verbal instructions to ascertain materials to be moved. May feed, remove, flex, jog, and stack printed sheets, folded signatures, labels or other in-process product to and from the equipment in the area assigned. Load and unloads materials onto pallets, trays, racks, and shelves by hand. May load materials into trucks and installs strapping, bracing, or padding to prevent shifting or damage in transit, using hand tools. Conveys materials from storage or work sites to designated area, using hand truck, electric dolly, or other device.
RRD is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer
- Must have the ability to read and interpret job specifications and identifying the correct parts for fulfilling customer orders
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of routine packing procedures, techniques, equipment and basic warehouse procedures
- Skill in completing manual and computerized forms and shipping documents regarding stock description, units, weight, quantity and labeling requirements
- Requires basic arithmetic and standard formulas to add, subtract, multiply and divide whole numbers, fractions, decimals and percentages
- Skill in assembling standard shipping boxes and packing contents securely
- Must be able to maintain good attendance
- Must be willing to work weekend overtime as needed
- Must be able to flex schedule to meet the needs of production, including working a different shift if needed
- Job requires the ability to lift 20-50 pounds, occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds frequently and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds constantly. Must be able to use a ladder to pick items
Previous onsite experience preferred.