RRD- Elk Grove Village - The Baler Operator operates and maintains bailing equipment to bind trimmings and paper waste received from the Press/Bindery equipment.
- Tend machines that shred and/or compresses and binds paper by-products generated from the print manufacturing process to facilitate disposition of the waste materials.
- Thread tie bands around bale and twists or clamps ends of bands to tighten bands.
- Opens compression chamber doors and removes bale from machine.
- Transport bales using air lifts, pallet jacks or hoist trucks.
- Complete daily forklift condition report.
- Weigh the bales and keep records of the gross weight, materials grade of the bales.
- Perform routine maintenance on the baling machinery and remove obstructions in the cyclone as needed.
- May load bales on trucks, rail cars for disposal and complete shipping manifest. May photograph container and seal for verification purposes.
- Requires knowledge of standard set ups, adjustments and operating characteristics of the equipment and skill to perform standard adjustments and operate the equipment.
- Ability to set up, operate, and perform basic adjustments to the equipment according to the individual job requirements, operating characteristics, and capabilities of the equipment.
- Typically, the adjustments performed at this level are routine and the need for such adjustments are readily apparent.
- Forklift certified or able to obtain forklift certification.
- Ability to troubleshoot and solve problems.
Must be able to work 7:00 pm to 7:00 am shift, 3 days on/4 days off, (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday, Friday, Saturday, alternating on an 8 week rotation). Opportunities for overtime.
- Ability to operate basic hand tools and forklift equipment required.
- Ability and willingness to work in a team environment required.
- Experience in an up-stroke paper baling machine operation preferred.