Imaging Operator 2
Stern Ave - The Digital Press Operator safely operates and maintains digital UV inkjet press. Reviews job instructions to prepare jobs for printing. RIP job files, perform set-up and runs job to set specifications. Works with Prepress to adjust color to meet client’s requirements. Maintains production and quality logs. Utilizes color tools to verify printed product meets specifications. Monitors quality of job to meet established standards. Follows daily print schedule. Orders supplies including ink, chemistry and press parts while maintaining inventory levels. Partners with press manufacturer to troubleshoot issues.
Job Responsibilities are:
- Safely operate and maintain HP digital press. Digital experience preferred.
- Review and verify job instructions meet meet safety, quality and speed expectations, .
- RIP job files, perform set-up and run job to set specifications.
- Work with Prepress to adjust color to meet client’s requirements.
- Maintain production and quality logs. Utilize color tools to verify printed product meets specifications. Monitor quality of job to meet established standards.
- Follow daily print schedule.
- Order supplies including ink, chemistry and press parts while maintaining inventory levels.
- Partner with press manufacturer to troubleshoot issues.
- Adhering to all SOP standards.
- Other duties as assigned
THIS POSITION IS A 2ND SHIFT POSITION ~ 3PM - 11PM
RRD is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer.
- Digital experience preferred
- Ability to apply functional computer knowledge in utilizing Microsoft Windows and other technical tools in completing job duties.
- Able to set-up, operate, adjust, diagnose and complete production in a timely, accurate, safe and quality manner.
- Lifting up to 50 lbs, 1-2 hours ,walking/standing, 6-7 hours, bending/stooping, 2-3 hours
- Ability to read and understand job specifications, printing procedures, quality control procedures, and finishing operations.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, with the ability to communicate with all levels including management, supervisors, technicians, project managers, and other operators.
- Must work well in a team oriented environment
High school diploma, GED, or equivalent experience in the print industry required