STERN AVE - Drive forklift truck equipped with lifting devices such as forklift, fork-grapple, clamps, elevating platform, or trailer hitch, to push, pull, lift, stack, tier, or move raw paper materials and in process products and finished products, equipment, or materials in warehouse, storage yard, or factory. May load and unload semi trailer trucks. Maintain accurate inventory and report any discrepancies. May load or unload materials onto or off of pallets, skids, or lifting device. Perform safety checks on lifts. May lubricate truck, recharge batteries, fill fuel tank, or replace liquefied-gas tank. Responsible for inventory control, tracking and reporting inventory utilizing a materials management system. May organize and assign storage space utilized in warehousing and moving materials in the departments. May manually pick/pack orders from stock shelves as needed to fulfill customer orders.
3RD SHIFT - 11PM-7AM
RRD is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer
- Ability to work in a team environment required.
- Experience in Hagen/Foundation, WBS, WCSS systems required
- Basic Math and Computer skills.
- Lifting up to 50 lbs. 4-6 hours and up to 70 lbs max.
- Walking/Standing 8 hours. Bending/Stooping 2-3 hours.
- Attention to detail, follow-up, and organization skills required
- Ability to walk, climb up and down stairs, bend, lift, push and pull various weights and shapes
- Ability to identify key components of work unit documents to ensure total accuracy of work unit and all special handling requirements are met.
- Ability to identify correct packaging material to ensure safe transit to final destination.
- Ability to organize all components into proper packaging for delivery to final destination
- Listen and interpret verbal instructions
- Speak English for effective communication
- Adapt to diverse communication styles and levels of understanding.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
- High School/GED and/or equivalent experience in a warehouse and/or manufacturing environment
- Greater knowledge and skill than Hoist Operator 1 in the handling of controls for driving fork lift and/or clamp trucks.
- Must be skilled in handling controls for starting, stopping, backings, and driving fork lift trucks through narrow aisles in building, up and down ramps, and in and out of railroad cars, trucks, etc.; and, for lifting, lowering, and tilting forks by moving hands, arms, feet, and legs to operate controls.
- Must know how high, wide, and long the fork lift truck and its load are, and how much the fork lift truck can lift.
- Good special ability to identify how high and wide a doorway and an aisle must be to drive the fork lift truck and its load; how high and wide the shelf, bin, etc., must be to place the load; and how high the load must be lifted to reach the shelf or bin.
- Must be able to recognize whether the fork lift truck is able to lift the load and whether the load is properly balanced. Knowledge of the layout of the storage area to be able to find and place items without need for detailed instructions.
- Skilled in moving fork lift trucks about in places where there is very little room to stack or remove loads.
- Ability to communicate in English - Read, write, speak