Forklift/Hoist Operator (Temporary/Seasonal)
Pacific Standard Print, an RR Donnelley Company in Sacramento, California, is looking for Seasonal workers for the position of Forklift/Hoist Operators.
As a Forklift/Hoist Operator, the successful candidate will be responsible for the organization and transportation of raw materials, operating supplies, skidded sheet stock and or roll stock to and from manufacturing areas and the warehouse.
- Safely operate all PIV / lift equipment.
- Supplies manufacturing areas with materials as needed.
- Stages product in warehouse to be received, moved or shipped.
- Pulls manufacturing material from rack and warehouse locations. Upon returning material to inventory, product must be counted and a new load tag generated.
- Transport and processes manufacturing paper by-products.
- Operate paper bale recycle equipment.
- Empties trash hoppers, and performs other housekeeping duties as needed.
- Performs routine daily inspections on all PIV equipment, fork trucks and roll trucks.
- Assures all PIV routine maintenance and safety concerns are reported in a timely manner.
- Adheres to and promotes all safety policies and procedures including, but not limited to the proper handling of hazardous waste, lock out - tag out rules and hearing and eye protection policies where applicable.
- Performs other related duties and participates in special projects as assigned.
- Works overtime as requested and weekends as needed.
RRD is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer
- Certification as an OSHA certified hoist/forklift operator preferred. On-Site Certification Available.
- Two years Forklift and or Roll Truck.
- Experience with shipping mail helpful.
- Ability to perform duties accurately, timely and safely while working independently as well as working as part of a team.
- 2 Years Forklift, Roll Truck and Warehouse experience in a commercial print environment preferred.
- Lean CI, Continuous Improvement, Visual Workplace Management, TPM & 5s experience a plus.
- Inventory and cycle count experience also helpful.