Maintenance Mechanic 1 - 3rd Shift
Our Plover, Wisconsin facility is part of our Supply Chain Solutions group where we specialize in ‘kitting’ – assembling packages for our commercial clients. Team members handle various tasks from inventory control to assembly – ensuring that the correct items are placed into consumer packaging – through to quality assurance and shipping. Our well lit production warehouse is clean, temperature controlled and most lines do not require hearing protection.
The incumbent is responsible for the operation and maintenance of packaging equipment within the assembly processes. This includes the installation, operation, maintenance, modification, construction, and protection of physical facilities, and equipment used to produce customer products and provide customer services. Responsibilities also include compliance with all federal, state and local laws as such apply to OSHA, environmental air quality control requirements and hazard/waste control requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The set up, operation, and basic repair of packaging and manufacturing equipment including but not limited to labeling equipment, case sealer, conveyors, L-Bars, shrink wrap tunnels, heat sealers, etc
- Responsible for set-up, troubleshooting, and establishing label formats for high speed packaging
- Assisting in meeting and exceeding daily production goals and machine uptime
- Scheduling/performing preventative maintenance.
- Requisition parts and supplies
- Perform all tasks in a safe and efficient manner
- Maintain equipment in safe working condition
- Organization and cleanliness of assembly equipment Maintain preventive maintenance logs
- Coordinates the processing of all maintenance items work requests. Prepares project cost estimates; provides for appropriate planning and work flow; provides required parts, materials and equipment; and maintenance of all related labor and equipment records. Manages the inventory of parts, materials, and equipment for which the assembly department is held accountabl
- Performs a variety of miscellaneous tasks as required by management from time to time.
RRD is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret the most complex documents. Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints. Ability to create reports (spreadsheets and others). Ability to make effective and persuasive presentations on controversial or complex topics to top management, customers and/or public groups.
Ability to apply and interpret mathematical concepts.
Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems. Ability to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to handle, or feel; talk and hear. The employee is required to stand and walk. The employee will be required to perform keyboarding activities on a personal computer. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The position requires close vision ability to include lateral and vertical vision, depth perception, and ability to distinguish colors and ability to adjust focus.