Business Intelligence Analyst, Intermediate
Our BI Team supports critical business decisions. In healthcare, almost nothing is more important than data. You have the opportunity to use your knowledge of business and data, and your skills in analytics and data visualization to make a real difference.
What you will do. As a Intermediate BI analyst, you will help with projects related to the design and implementation of analytics. In this role you will work with business partners to define data needs, and deliver accurate, actionable information. For a full job description, click here.
What you need to bring to the table. A strong sense of curiosity, the drive to find solutions and support your business owners, flexibility, and top-notch communication skills. On the technical side, you need strong skills in dashboard development, SQL query development, report development, data visualization tools, test frameworks and programming. On the education and experience side, you will need a Bachelor’s Degree, and at least six years delivering BI artifacts.
What HPSJ has to offer. A chance to work for an organization that is mission-driven – our members and community are at the core of everything we do. A shorter commute - if you’re commuting from the Central Valley to the Bay Area. Visibility and variety – as a smaller organization, you have a chance to work with people at all levels of the organization, and work on diverse projects. Great pay and benefits.
- Reviews and assesses assigned business service requests; develops and implements solutions to resolve according to guidelines.
- Reviews and assesses assigned break fix incidents; develops and implements solutions to resolve according to guidelines.
- Runs SQL scripts created by senior analyst for users to fulfill service requests.
- Runs and schedules SSRS, Tableau or other reports.
- Runs applications and extracts data for requesters.
- Completes assigned projects, including but not limited to writing SQL scripts, generating dashboards and designing SSRS reports.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies
- Produces work that is accurate and complete.
- Produces the appropriate amount of work.
- Actively learns through experimentation when tackling new problems, using both successes and failures to learn.
- Rebounds from setbacks and adversity when facing difficult situations.
- Knows the most effective and efficient process to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Strong skills in dashboard development, including but not limited to the ability to create meaningful dashboards to customers’ satisfaction.
- Strong skills in SQL Query development, including but not limited to the ability to write scripts for testing, reports and Tableau data connections and others as required.
- Basic programming skills, including but not limited to writing application to extract data per State and federal regulatory requirements.
- Strong skills in report development, including but not limited to the ability to develop reports in SSRS, Business Objects or equivalent.
- Strong skills in data visualization tools, including but not limited to the ability to create ad-hoc data connections, developed dashboards, and create data blending.
- Strong documentation skills, including but not limited to the ability to capture requirements and technical specifications using IEEE or similar standards.
- In-depth knowledge of and strong skills in test frameworks, including but not limited to unit, integration and regression testing.
- Interpersonal skills - interacts effectively with individuals both inside and outside of HPSJ; relates openly and comfortably with diverse groups of people.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, with ability to communicate complex technical issues to technical and non-technical audiences, and write technical specifications.
- Strong listening skills, with the ability to accurately receive and understand messages.
- Demonstrates a commitment to HPSJ’s strategy, vision, mission and values.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills, with ability to determine key issues, develop effective action plans and implement to successful conclusion.
- Time management and organizational skills. Uses time effectively and efficiently. Values time. Concentrates his/her efforts on the more important priorities. Can attend to a broader range of activities. Meets deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Intermediate skills in Windows, Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to speak and be understood in English.
- Ability to handle confidential information with appropriate discretion.
- Knowledge of data warehouse concepts, such as Inmon or Kimball
- Knowledge of healthcare specific hardware and software
- Knowledge of QNXT claims payment system.
- Skills in Visio or other flow chart/diagramming software, with ability to create data/process flow diagrams from business requirements
- Knowledge of ETL development environments such as Informatica, MS SSIS, and Pentaho, with ability to extract, transform, and load multiple datasets
- Advanced skills in Excel, including but not limited to the ability to create complex formulas.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Management Information System; or other related field; and
- At least three years working in an environment delivering business intelligence artifacts; or
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in healthcare and/or managed care.
Licensure, Certification, Registration
- MSCE Business Intelligence