Product Systems Analyst
The Product Systems Analyst is responsible for the creation, testing, and maintenance of product-related calculation models. These include Excel spreadsheets and VPMS calculation models used to test illustration systems or administrative systems. This person is also responsible for assisting with any requirements and questions on these calculations for both new and inforce life and annuity products.
- Become versed in Penn Mutual’s product line and how products are built in Penn Mutual’s systems
- Master Penn Mutual’s admin and illustrations systems
- Develop and maintain basic and moderately complex calculation models (Excel, VBA, VPMS, etc.) for life and annuity products and projects
- Provide support to internal and external QAs, Developers, BAs, Customer Service, Sales Support, Pricing Actuaries, and others as needed
- Provide support and test customized modifications on the life and annuity illustration systems
- Perform bug verification, release testing, and beta support for assigned products; research problems discovered by QA to ensure that appropriate solutions are developed
- Comply with all company and site policies and procedures
- Remain current in profession and industry trends
- Successfully complete regulatory and job training requirements
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Analytical, technical, and programming skills
- Ability to problem solve for design and debugging of product models
- Strong data analysis and software testing skills
- Strong customer focus
- Intellectual curiosity and the aptitude and desire for continuous learning
- Proven ability to take initiative, act with a sense of urgency and follow-through
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Proven ability to collaborate, build relationships, and resolve conflicts within the Product Management area and across company lines (with vendors)
- Ability to make decisions, plan, multi-task, and prioritize work towards the achievement of personal and corporate objectives
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
- Basic knowledge of life insurance products preferred
- Ability to make a positive contribution as demonstrated by learning new skills and making suggestions for process/procedure improvement
- Ability to work with others in a collaborative team environment
- 2-4 years’ experience working in the life insurance/financial services industries (or related field), preferred
- Experience in Advanced Excel concepts, including VBA
- Experience in programming (ex: Java, C++)
- Bachelor’s Degree preferably in Computer Science, Mathematics, or related discipline
All Associates Exemplify Our Penn Mutual Values:
Acting With Integrity—We have the conscious intention to do the right thing.
Respecting One Another—We see each other’s distinctiveness as a valued asset.
Focusing on Relationships—We foster meaningful connections with others.
Sustaining Our Legacy—We are trusted guardians for what we promise.
A Shared Sense of Belonging—We evoke our place as part of a world that we influence and influences us.
For Leadership roles within Penn Mutual, we believe the below characteristics are essential:
Execution Focused—Gets it done. Drives progress and results towards strategic objectives.
Strategic–Sees the big picture. Challenges boundaries, takes risks and innovates to execute and advance Penn Mutual’s strategy.
Authentic–Keeps it real. Is principled, transparent, trustworthy and accountable.
Decisive – Makes the call. Demonstrates courage, confidence and a bias for action.
Empowering – Develops people. Sets clear expectations, delegates effectively and encourages risk taking.
Influential – Sets the tone. Inspires, motivates and persuades others through their decisions and actions.
Penn Mutual is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO). We provide employment and advancement opportunities to all qualified applicants and associates, according to applicable laws. This is reflected in our practices for hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, termination, recruitment, compensation, selection or training, and all other terms and conditions of employment. All employment-related decisions and practices are free from unlawful discrimination. This includes: race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship age, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, domestic partnership or civil union status, marital status, genetic information, disability, religious observance or practice, liability, veteran status or any other classification protected under applicable law.
Leaders may, at their discretion, change the responsibilities in this position description at any time due to reasonable accommodation and/or other business reasons.
About the Penn Mutual Life Insurance Company
Penn Mutual is committed to helping people live life with confidence. At the heart of this purpose is the belief that life insurance is central to a sound financial plan. Through our network of trusted financial professionals, we are dedicated to helping individuals, families and businesses achieve their dreams. Penn Mutual supports its financial professionals with retirement and investment services through its wholly owned subsidiary Hornor, Townsend & Kent, LLC, member FINRA/SIPC. Visit Penn Mutual at www.pennmutual.com.