Customer Support Specialist
Why Join ACIST?
We care as much about our employees as we do our patients. Our culture fosters a work environment where employees can thrive, be passionate and have fun along the way. Each member of the ACIST team has the power to make a difference......every day!
Key contact in the Customer Support/Technical Services department for customer requests for after sales support and technical assistance, service and repair pertaining to the use and failure resolution of ACIST injectors (and associated products) installed within our customer base. This position routinely interacts with Customers (Cardiac Cath Lab, CT, MR Lab staff and Biomedical Engineers), Regional Sales Managers, Sales Representatives, Clinical Applications, Internal Service and Repair Technicians, Field Service Area Representatives, 3rd party Field Service Technicians, Complaint Coordinator, Sales Administrator, Accounts Receivable, Collections Department and Service Center Administrators.
This job works very closely with all Technical Services personnel during customer interactions for problem solving and technical support. This job interacts with domestic customers as well as international service centers. This role exists within an urgent, time sensitive environment with a primary focus on customer care and satisfaction. This position must be accustomed to ISO / FDA / GMP regulations.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Customer Support phone coverage during business hours and mobile phone support after business hours as needed and required
• Troubleshoot field reported problems; resolve and follow-up accordingly
• Receive, document, and respond to field reports and requests from customer accounts, sales representatives, and clinical applications
• Create, update and maintain Problem Reports (PRs) in the service/complaint handling database for each field reported problem
• Update/close field service/PM PRs upon field completion
• Notify immediate supervisor and the Regulatory Affairs Complaint Coordinator of reports involving patient death or serious injury, repeated problems with equipment as well as disposable kits
• Route difficult or urgent technical requests to the designated service/engineering support personnel for expedient resolution
• Dispatch field service personnel to perform field repairs on-site; obtain and ship required parts accordingly
• Work with the service technicians as needed to obtain repair details and status for equipment returned for repair and/or upgrade
• Arrange for the shipment/return of loaner equipment and customer product associated with in house repairs; utilize the service/complaint handling database for product and loaner tracking
• Case management – follow up on open cases to ensure products are returned for timely investigation. Manage open cases to ensure that service is completed in a timely manner. Work with customers to resolve discrepancies that may delay service or quality investigation.
• Create service items, service orders, and sales orders; post invoices and create credit memos, return orders and rebills to correct pricing and billing errors; interact with the Sales Administrator
• Work with Accounts Receivable to resolve unpaid invoices
• Receive and process customer purchase orders for billable/out of warranty service
• Support and communicate with customers and field representatives regarding field initiatives such as the scheduling of elective and/or safety upgrades and product removal/recall and replacement.
• Maintain account and system/subassembly information via electronic database(s) and hard copy records/files
• Maintain all service records via hard copy records/files and electronic database records • Work with the Contract Coordinator to convert billable customers to contract; provide necessary repair details and forward calls as necessary
• Identify opportunities that could potentially become revenue for service contract sales
• Support service and field activities and projects, as needed
• Work with cross-functional areas to implement process improvements
Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities):
• High School Diploma or equivalent plus a minimum of 2 years experience in a technical support or call center position
• Strong customer service, interpersonal, and communication skills.
• Strong technical and analytical thinking and writing skills.
• Ability to interact with customers (cardiac cath lab, MR and CT staff), sales/applications personnel, and field/internal technical personnel.
• Ability to learn and communicate technical systems and clinical applications; ability to “think on your feet” and provide immediate support and troubleshooting assistance.
• Ability to utilize typical office and database applications.
• Focused and project oriented; ability to multi-task.
• Strong organizational and record keeping skills.
• Minimum of 3 years experience in a technical, customer support position within the medical device industry.
• Cath lab, MR, CT or clinical applications background.
• Mental demands – work is detail oriented, often with multiple priorities. The environment is urgent and deadline sensitive. Occasional high-pressure situations. Focus is on immediate customer care and satisfaction.