Electric Power Generation (EPG) Field Technician
Carter Machinery Company, the authorized Caterpillar dealer serving Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, Delaware and Washington D.C. is seeking an Electric Power Generation (EPG) Technician on 1st shift at our Elkridge, Maryland location. This position is responsible for performing service, installation services, inspection, and preventative maintenance on electric power generation systems and associated components. Duties include troubleshooting and repairs of engine and electrical related systems. Tasks may require working hours in addition to the normal work schedule for emergency calls. Seeking candidates with relevant Electrical Power Generation (EPG)/electronics experience; a technical degree or military equipment experience is a plus.
- Self-starter able to work with limited supervision.
- Strong mechanical aptitude and troubleshooting skills; engine and electrical diagnostic/repair skills preferred.
- Requires working knowledge of power generation components, electronic controls and fuel systems. Experience with diesel and natural gas engines. Electrical switchgear, automatic transfer switches and power distribution systems experience a plus.
- Able to read technical drawings and schematics.
- Must have an excellent driving record and valid driver's license.
- Proficient in the use of a computer, Microsoft Office products and service software required in position; able to complete service reports and provide pertinent details for work orders.
- Excellent customer satisfaction skills and the ability to project a positive professional image with customers.
- Able to work overtime as required by job and customer demand.
Must meet physical requirements for the job, including the ability to lift, carry and maneuver items up to 70 pounds, including bulky objects. This position requires repeated reaching, standing, stooping, kneeling, bending and climbing. Must be able to work outside in inclement weather conditions, including extreme heat, cold, dampness and humidity.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Additional duties may be assigned.
Carter Machinery Co. Inc. is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities, or any other characteristic protected by law – are encouraged to apply.
Carter Machinery is a drug-free workplace.