Clerical and Administrative
The Office Generalist ensures customer satisfaction by providing timely, efficient, accurate, and friendly service via telephone and email systems.
- Responds to incoming phone calls and emails in a friendly, professional, and standardized method.
- Communicates effectively with customers to maintain positive relationships.
- Handles order research and maintenance (eta’s, shortages, damages, cancel requests, delivery issues, etc.).
- Processes order/data entry.
- Assists customers with returns.
- Performs light MS Excel reporting tasks.
- Position is responsible for the scheduling/planning of daily operational needs to schedule delivery in a safe productive manner with efficiency and minimum waste.
- Position will be required to interact with the dispatcher, managers and sometimes drivers on specific criteria related to the geographic locations being routed.
- Accurately input billing information into company system.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Requires immediate supervision; primary job functions do not typically require exercising independent judgment.
- Typing skills at 25-30 WPM are necessary.
- Computer proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook) are required.
- Ideal candidate will be highly detail-oriented, possess a positive attitude, and have excellent communication skills.
- Must be willing to work in a challenging, fast-paced environment.
- Must be flexible to work a different shift when necessary
- Previous customer service/call center and (or) data entry experience preferred.
- Experience with the Internet and AS400 /ASW system is helpful.
- Must be able to perform functions in a warehouse environment, as needed.
This position is located at 1200 Claybrick Road Suite 400, Capitol Heights, MD. View the Google Map in full screen.