Press Operator 2 - Sheetfed
Set up, adjust, operate, and maintain a multi-color offset press to print single-color, two-color, and/or multi-color work which includes large solids, screen tints, line and halftones with critical color values and registration requirements ranging from hairline to critical or operate similarly situated equipment that applies a variety of non-ink based coatings to sheet stock. Review job specifications to determine the press setup according to the imposition of the run (sheet wise or work and turn). Perform all make-ready tasks associated with the type of press operated such as hanging plates, examine plates for imperfections and checks for correct positioning of images, prepping blankets, adjusting tension and register etc. Make necessary color corrections and/or press adjustments prior to production run to meet and maintain the quality specifications of the work. Clean, lubricate, and maintain the press, making minor repairs and replacing worn or broken parts as required. Performs periodic maintenance recommended by the manufacturer.
- Requires thorough knowledge of sheetfed, offset printing procedures, materials and specifications, equipment, and safety requirements and skills to perform assignments.
- Ability to read and follow job specifications to determine press set-up materials needed to run the job successfully. Skill to follow instructions to operate equipment safely and produce the desired product.
- Knowledge of the appropriate amount of packing pressure needed to obtain the proper printing pressure for the type of job being produced.
- Ability to mount and align the printing plates correctly.
- Ability to make adjustments to feeder and feed board (e.g., ability to adjust suctions and blast, front and side guides and the timing of the head stops).
- Skill in performing routine operational maintenance and minor repairs to equipment.
- Must be able to maintain good attendance.
- Ability to read and interpret documents to include job tickets, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals
- Must be able to work overtime including 12 hour shifts and assigned weekends, as scheduled.
- Must be able to flex schedule to meet the needs of production, including working a different shift if needed.
- Must be able to frequently lift up to 20 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move 50 pounds.
Minimum 5 years setting up and operating a multi-color sheetfed press.
RR Donnelley is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer