Slitter Operator (3rd shift)
Position Purpose: To convert various grades of coated and uncoated paper stocks for use in-house as raw materials, or in fulfillment of orders for shipment to customers.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be familiar and demonstrate knowledge of Coating/converting safety and quality SOPs.
- Run slitting / converting orders as scheduled on various pieces of equipment.
- Coordinate with Material Handlers in order to accomplish Departmental / Plant goals.
- Keep trims to a minimum and utilize open stock. Rewind / splice open stock rolls to maximize roll efficiencies. Perform salvage operations, as directed.
- Operate slitter, making all necessary adjustments in order to slit paper to spec.
- Pre-plan and perform pre-makeready activities to minimize slitter downtime and to ensure all required production materials are ready for current and following shift.
- Responsible for quality and quantity of product slit.
- Complete log sheets and make entries into PECAS system in order to ensure timely and accurate communication of production and inventory information.
- Coordinate with Maintenance Department in order to ensure equipment is in good operating condition and report any problems to department supervision.
- Focus on the team process.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
Essential Functions: Regularly required to use hand, fingers, handle sharp objects and work around moving parts. Frequently required to reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, crawl. Bending is required on a daily basis.
The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 100 pounds and frequently lift and/or move more than 100 pounds.
*The list of qualifications and essential functions is not exhaustive and may be supplemented as necessary
RRD is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer