Production Operator (3rd shift)
Position Purpose: Duties include manufacturing business forms on high-speed presses with priority given to safety, quality, waste and productivity. Operates Tprinting presses.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate printing press at top speed while maintaining quality.
- Complete pre-make ready successfully (Read docket, prepare materials and obtain production supplies.
- Complete make ready by changing size, punching, gluing, put paper in correct position, change plates and clean ink units.
- Consistently check product and make necessary adjustments.
- Lubricate, adjust and maintain the press to keep it in good operating condition.
- Complete press logs, st control charts and packing lists.
- Follow Standard Operating Procedure when developed.
- Pull samples throughout run in accordance with existing sample procedure.
- Active participation in team meetings and cooperation in team environment.
- Delegate and direct assigned Press Helpers to ensure efficient productivity.
- Proactively promote a safe working environment.
- Perform other related duties and overtime as required.
RRD is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer
Experience: Previous industrial/machine experience in manufacturing environment preferred but not required. Training will be provided.
Essential Functions: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, couch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds with assistance. Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.