Shipping & Receiving 3
Performs manual and clerical duties related to the shipment and receipt of materials, supplies, equipment and finished products shipped via internal freight fleet or third party LTL carrier. Maintain necessary files and documentation. May perform activities related to load planning of outbound trucks to meet customer delivery requirements and cost parameters. Utilize small hand tools and operates material handling equipment including forklifts, skids, pallet handlers, hand trucks, etc. to stage materials and load trucks. Typical shipping activities include checking goods against shipping documents and authorizations. Pack goods for shipment according to specifications, equipment characteristics, transportation methods and routes. Verify identification and quality of product, prepare bills of lading, post weight and shipping charges, stamp, stencil or attach information and shipping instructions on containers, load shipment onto trucks, and maintain inventory of cartons, tapes, crates, clamps, foam and other packing material. Typical receiving activities include taking receipt of raw materials, components or equipment and unload from trucks primarily using a forklift truck and pallet jacks. Check incoming materials against bills of lading, packing slips, etc., verifying nomenclature, identification and quantity of the materials. Maintaining records of goods received and damaged goods. May be tasked with performing ancillary duties related to Production Expediting coordinating the movement of materials throughout the plant.
RRD is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer
- Job requires ability to exert 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Standing constantly (over 2/3 of time), walking frequently (1/3 to 2/3 of time)
- 1-2 years experience in shipping & receiving
- Previous experience in manufacturing environment preferred
- Must be able to work assigned shift
- Must be willing to work overtime, weekends, and holidays when necessary to meet product demand
Additional job requirements may be listed on the staffing requisition.