Assistant Sheeter Operator
PBM Graphics an rrd company is a leading commercial printing and packaging company in North America, producing educational products, publications, and sales materials for the healthcare industry and general commercial print for many other industries, as well as collectible trading cards associated with the entertainment and sports industries.
- Check for paper damages and ensure the correct roll size, grade and caliper are used before preparing rolls to be loaded onto the machine.
- Ensures that the roll of paper is properly unwrapped, mounted and ready to be spliced
- Monitors the flow of paper throughout the run. Prepares and installs new roll when necessary
- Operate pallet jack and or forklift to move finished cut paper skids to the shipping area.
- Strap waste skids.
- Operate pallet jacks and forklift in the warehouse in a safe and efficient manner.
- Check forklift at the beginning of each shift to ensure its safe to use.
- Ensure all occupational health and safety guidelines are being followed.
- Report any unsafe equipment to your supervisor.
- Ensure all required personal protective equipment is worn at the required time and in the required area.
- Keep work area clean at all times.
- Adheres to and promotes all safety policies and procedures including, but not limited to the proper handling of hazardous waste, lock out - tag out rules and hearing and eye protection policies
- Participates in special projects as assigned
- It is the responsibility of all PBM employees to follow the requirements of their documented process as defined in the ISO Quality Manual
- Other duties as assigned
This is a day shift position.
RRD is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer
- Previous experience in a printing or converting environment preferred
- Some experience in the operation of various hand tools preferred
- Previous experience at PBM Graphics an rrd company preferred
- Must be able to work in a team environment
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds