Summary: Responsible for supporting the company's sales goals through good customer service, maintaining quality relations with existing accounts, and providing sales coverage by performing the following duties.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Applies knowledge of company products/services to efficiently process customer information, and respond to inquiries and complaints in a diplomatic manner.
- Builds and maintains quality relations with assigned customers on a consistent basis through ongoing determination of customer requirements.
- Contacts customers via telephone or email/fax correspondence as frequently as necessary to ensure shipments are processed.
- Completes and submit bill of ladings and booked not in transit.
- Quote customer on prices of shipments in accordance to system or freight broker sales representative guidance.
- Maintains updated, organized files on all assigned customers.
- Analyzes customer accounts and promptly make corrections and/or modifications to files.
- Contacts customers to obtain missing information or data to ensure an accurate customer database.
- Traces and expedites late orders to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Trains new Customer Service Representatives as requested.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Oral Communication Skills
Written Communication Skills
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High School Diploma or Equivalent. Prior customer service experience helpful.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Word; Microsoft Excel; Microsoft Outlook; Mercury Gate or other TMS and internet software.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
RRD is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer