Director - Operations (Corrugated Sheet Plant)
- The Director of Operations/Plant Manager will be responsible for the overall safety, quality, cost and productivity of the RRD Lemont facility. We seek a hands-on leader who feels at home on the shop floor and has experience leading the operations of a value added corrugated box plant. Overall responsibility for driving metrics and results. Responsible for coaching a team of leaders and providing development opportunities.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop a culture that embraces safety and continuous improvement, is client focused, conducts business in the highest ethical manner and promotes behavior designed to enable each member of the facility the ability to achieve personal and professional satisfaction through their daily activities.
- Lead and supervise the operations of a 3 shift value added corrugated sheet plant including manufacturing, shipping, assembly and kitting, quality and maintenance functions
- Chair the safety committee and lead safety initiatives
- Hire, terminate, train, evaluate and promote coworkers after consultation with direct supervisor.
- Prepare annual operating budgets
- Prepare an annual capital expenditure budget and drive Capex initiatives
- Communicate facility and company goals to all employees on a regular basis.
- Comply with all federal, state and local regulatory agency laws and directives.
- Other duties as required
RRD is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer
- 5 years as a director of operations or plant manager of a corrugated sheet plant or similar packaging converting operation
- Comprehensive knowledge of the POP Display and Graphic Packaging markets.
- Comprehensive knowledge of manufacturing processes in a value added corrugated printing company preferred
- Experience leading safety, 5s and continuous improvement initiatives
- Experience leading supervisors and not afraid to roll up sleeves
- Start-up and multi-plant experience a plus
- Demonstrated leadership ability.
- Excellent communication skills required.