Elk Grove Village, IL•
- Responsible for packing job according to specifications. Establishes counts, quantities, product orientation, etc.
- Insures floorhelp assigned to the press are packing according to spec.
- Responsible for accurate load tickets, counts and labeling.
- Identifies quality issues and alerts press operator.
- Responsible for all imaging related procedures such as sign offs, re-starts, samples, QC’s, etc.
- Responsible for transferring and obtaining clear; accurate information at shift changes.
- Makeready responsibilities include taking direction from press operators and roll tender and completing assignments in a timely matter.
- Assisting Roll tender with:
- plate and blanket installations
- gluer set up and tear down
- press wash-up/ink changes
- press lubrication
- web ups
- Maintain general appearance of surrounding press, which includes picking up paper and waste, wiping spills, and cleaning machine according to 5S standards.
- Performs limited compensation procedures, cut off, side guide.
- Set up and operate sheeter.
- Set-up and adjust stackers to fit format.
- Keep down time to a minimum by quickly recovering from web breaks or other break down issues.
- Insure that safe practices are followed by crew members assisting with make-readies and maintenance
- Must be able to work 7:00 PM to 7:00 AM shift, 3 days on/4 days off, (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday, Friday, Saturday, alternating on an 8 week rotation). Opportunities for overtime.
RRD is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer
- 6 months to 2 years as General Laborer in a printing press.
- Must show willingness to take on additional responsibilities, and take advantage of on the job training opportunities.
- Communication skills
- Organizational skills
- Troubleshooting/Problem Solving Skills
- Mechanical Aptitude
- Continuous standing/walking - 8 hrs or more.
- Frequent bending, kneeling, climbing, reaching.
- Frequent lifting and pushing/pulling - 50 lbs. or more.
- Frequent repetitive motion with both hands.
- Noise, dust, and temperature conditions.
- Exposure to chemicals used during the printing process.
- Working around moving machinery; multiple nip points.
THIS POSITION IS AVAILABLE ON NIGHTS, 3/4 DAY.