Machine Operator 3rd Shift
Our Plover, Wisconsin facility is part of our Supply Chain Solutions group where we specialize in ‘kitting’ – assembling packages for our commercial clients. Team members handle various tasks from inventory control to assembly – ensuring that the correct items are placed into consumer packaging – through to quality assurance and shipping. Our well lit production warehouse is clean, temperature controlled and most lines do not require hearing protection.
The incumbent is primarily responsible for working with the line crew to facilitate the labeling and packaging process and for operating and maintaining machines and equipment at optimal levels of performance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Read and understand mechanical drawings, diagrams and instructions
- Read and follow directions precisely
- Set up, operate, and maintain machines and equipment
- Perform on-the-job training of new hires; identify on-going training needs
- Perform duties of a line-worker when needed
- Train Assemblers as needed
- Perform preventative maintenance on machines and equipment and assist the machine technicians as needed
- Maintain preventative maintenance log of equipment-related issues
- Complete vial line related recordkeeping and other departmental forms
- Communicate effectively with supervision regarding equipment repair
- Maintain a positive attitude and communicate appropriately with co-workers, customers, vendors, and supervision
- Assist supervision during severe weather or other emergency situations
- Comply with all facility safety and work rules; including, but not limited to security requirements, completing a job costing card, and follow proper procedures for accident/incident reporting, emergency evacuation, etc.
- Special projects as assigned
- Perform and maintain departmental 5S procedures
- Follow ISO procedures, participate in ISO audits and complete training
- Work in other departments as deemed necessary to meet business needs.
RRD is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- The position requires the ability to perform arithmetic, algebraic and geometric procedures in standard practical applications.
- The position requires the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form and the ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Nordson Glue Systems knowledge
- Able to stand as needed for the position.
- Able to lift 50 pounds on an occasional basis.
- Able to work weekend and overtime hours as needed.