Plant Controller - Commercial and Digital Print
Accounting & Finance
For over 150 years, RR Donnelley has helped businesses connect with audiences through the power of words and images. With our numerous complementary capabilities in creative and design services, content management, digital and print production, data analytics, supply chain management, business process outsourcing and logistics, RR Donnelley can power its more than 60,000 customers to create connected experiences with their customers.
If you are interested in launching a career in an exciting industry, you should consider applying for our current opening for the Controller. This position is an outstanding opportunity to begin your career path in the one of the leading commercial printing manufacturers in industry.
The Controller reports directly to the RRD Group Controller and has dual accountability to the Group Vice President or Site President. The Controller oversees all accounting activities: including accounts payable, billing, inventory valuation, inventory control, budgeting and financial reporting/analysis. The Controller also manages their company’s financial and administrative functions in a manner consistent with generally accepted accounting principles and RR Donnelley’s policies & procedures. The Controller is their president’s “Trusted Business Advisor” and is the Company’s “Financial Conscience.”
- Attends regular managers’ meetings (such as daily production or periodic sales meetings) and participates in the overall management of the organization.
- Implements RRD’s policies and procedures along with appropriate internal controls to ensure the safeguarding of assets and accuracy of financial information. Reports any fraud or illegal acts to Group Controller, Group Vice President, and Corporate as appropriate. Champions the effective operation of strong internal controls. This includes compliance with and adherence to controls for Sarbanes-Oxley Act Section 404.
- Oversees, directs, and evaluates financial management information (including production and accounting systems) and takes appropriate steps to ensure the security of all accounting records, computer programs & company records.
- Provides appropriate financial operating information to related departmental managers, including winshare, working capital, sales, production, and profitability reporting in order to enable them to establish effective goals and monitor their department’s operating performance.
- Prepares monthly forecasting and annual budgets for their company as directed by their Group Vice President / Company President and Corporate.
- Ensures that accounting or administrative personnel supervised by the Controller have current job descriptions, are appropriately trained, and have performance appraisals conducted in a timely, uniform, and effective manner.
- Ensures the accounting records underlying the financial statements accurately and fairly reflect the transactions of the company.
- Prepares financial statements and monthly reporting package for Corporate Accounting and provides support for variance analysis and auditor questions as necessary. Meets appropriate deadlines for monthly reporting.
- Performs appropriate financial analysis and prepares regular and ad hoc reports about company financial status as directed by the company president or corporate personnel.
- Understands risk management program, including types of business insurance coverage. Also identifies and coordinates any business insurance claims.
- Reviews / approves G/L Balance Sheet account reconciliations prepared by accounting staff and provides such information to corporate accounting personnel on a timely basis.
- Prepares / reviews analysis for investment in new equipment or disposition of idle/obsolete equipment as directed by company president, and in accordance with RRD PAR policy.
- Ensures the billing process is completed on a timely, accurate basis in accordance with RRD’s revenue recognition policies.
- Oversees monthly physical inventory counts and is responsible for tracking/valuing all materials, work in progress, and finished goods at month end. Performs and documents review of inventory obsolescence in accordance with RRD policy.
- Demonstrates an interest in, and develops an appropriate understanding of, the printing industry, our business strategies, and primary business processes.
- Manages time effectively, communicates well with others, exhibits a positive attitude and a team-oriented spirit, and strives to continuously improve business processes and contribute to the company’s overall success.
RRD is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required. CPA or MBA preferred.
- 7 - 10 years relevant work experience including strong leadership, communication, and team building skills.
- Able to communicate effectively, both verbally as well as through multiple forms of media.
- Proficient in Microsoft products, database software and other applicable accounting and financial software and systems. Knowledge of SAP, and Essbase preferred.
- Experience in the printing industry preferred.
- Strong manufacturing background a plus.
- Strong knowledge of GAAP.
- Supervisoryexperience in a manufacturing profit center environment.
- Proven management-level skills in financial reporting, cost accounting, budgeting, forecasting and inventory valuation, with strong track record of accurate and timely financial reporting.