Press Operator 1
RRD Chaska has an immediate opening for Press Operator.
Position Information: Monday through Friday 11am to 7pm
The Press operator will set up, adjust, operate, and maintain single or multi-color offset press Heidelberg 2 color Quickmaster. Make necessary color corrections and/or press adjustments prior to production run to meet and maintain the quality specifications of the work. Clean, lubricate, and maintain the press, making minor repairs and replacing worn or broken parts as required. Performs periodic maintenance recommended by the manufacturer.
- Determine and understand all order instructions and running of press productively, while meeting job requirements of ink density, ink and water balance, color matching, size and construction, and required attributes at a quality level that meets or exceeds our customers expectations.
- Maintain knowledge of the press, current printing processes, develop continuous process improvements that support the Lean philosophy and work environment.
- Maintain company quality standards, service levels and customer expectations by meeting or exceeding department/cell goals and customer specifications.
Requires knowledge of offset printing procedures, materials, equipment and safety requirements and skills to perform assignments. Skill to read and understand job specifications to determine press set-up materials needed to run the job successfully. Must have sufficient knowledge of press capabilities to determine the most approrpiate use of the press and corrective adjustments required to run efficiently. Knowledge of the appropriate amount of packing pressure needed to obtain the proper printing pressure for the type of job being run. Skill in use of micrometer to mount and align the printing plate correctly. Skill in routine operational maintenance and minor repairs to equipment. Ability to make adjustments to feeder and feed board (e.g., ability to adjust suctions and blast, front and side guides and the timing of the head stops).
RRD is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer
- Ability to stand 8 hours a day
- Ability to work 2nd shift
- Team player
- Ability to clearly understand both written and verbal instructions
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds occasionally
- 2 years Litho print
- 1 year digital print preferred but not required