The Compensation Analyst will administer and provide analytical support for compensation and incentive programs to ensure internal equity and external competitiveness. Function as the subject matter expert for all aspects of broad-based pay and variable compensation. Will support manager in some areas of equity and executive compensation. Serve as a consultant to management on broad-based compensation policies and procedures.
- Administer multiple annual merit cycles with varying effective dates in PeopleSoft.
- Function as the primary resource for the annual salary administration process; including preparing documentation such as salary administration guide, instructions for managers and HR, training, and act as a resource to the Human Resources (HR) community.
- Manage the e-performance process in PeopleSoft.
- Assist with administering frozen legacy deferred compensation programs, such as determining monthly payout amounts, providing monthly reports to Finance team and answering questions from participants.
- Support the long term incentive award process through day-to-day interactions with the equity vendor, manage distribution of award agreements, loading of data into vendor system, running reports for both internal Finance and Payroll teams, etc.
- Manage all aspects of compensation survey participation and administration.
- Facilitate and manage the annual bonus payout cycle; including maintaining employee eligibility throughout the year, working with the HR team on validating final payouts.
- Provide quarterly bonus accruals to Finance team.
- Review all job code requests and approve the creation of codes. Provide job code details to IT for creation in PeopleSoft. Conduct audits to determine which job codes can be activated and/or inactivated.
- Maintain salary geographic differentials for all locations.
- Manage internal compensation / job description Google site for both hourly and salary roles.
- Collaborate with team members including managers with the design and make up of job families and positions within the organization.
- Review job descriptions and related documentation as needed; evaluate jobs utilizing market data and internal comparisons; and prepare salary grade recommendations.
- Coordinate periodic job documentation audits to ensure job documentation is up to date.
- Review proposed job titles and recommend alternative titles when appropriate. Assist in coordinating job title consistency throughout the organization.
- Assist in maintaining the compensation related tables in PeopleSoft such as job code table, salary grade table, eligibility, etc.
- Recommend automation enhancements to facilitate the continued improvement to the annual review process.
- Make recommendations regarding alternative compensation approaches when business operations and strategy indicate requirements that diverge from standard company-wide programs.
- Assist with variable compensation plans. Determine competitive compensation levels and assist in design, development, implementation and administration of incentive compensation programs.
- Consult on creation of new organizations and reorganizations, including pay, job duties, job evaluation, titles, job alignment and organization fit. Make recommendations on alternative job compositions when appropriate.
- Manage special projects and/or studies on a variety of compensation projects, programs and policies and related matters.
- May assist in design, implementation or administration of performance management systems.
- Review pay for internal equity issues and makes salary-planning recommendations to business units when appropriate.
- Provide expertise on wage & hour employment laws and regulations such as FLSA, minimum wage, overtime, Equal Pay Act and ADA. Facilitates adherence to federal, state, and local legal requirements by providing counsel to management. Identify areas of noncompliance and works with management to take corrective action.
- Performs other related duties and participates in special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor degree in business, finance, HR or other field related to functional work; or a role with 3-5 years of relevant work experience; or demonstrated ability to meet the job requirements through a comparable number of years of applicable work experience.
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy; ability to maintain strict confidentiality of sensitive data.
- Excellent communication skills as the position will work with all levels of the organization.
- Able to apply excellent business acumen and collaborative skills when resolving problems.
- Must be well versed in compensation theory/practice, and in local, state and federal laws and regulations such as the Fair Labor Standards Act, Equal Pay Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act, minimum wage, overtime and record keeping requirements.
- Certification is highly desirable - Certified Compensation Professional (CCP).
- Advanced Excel skills are a must.
- Experience with PeopleSoft preferred.
- Must be organized with an ability to manage workload efficiently and be able to handle pressure and multi-task in a fast paced environment driven by deadlines.
RRD is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer