Nies | RRD has an immediate opening for an Event Specialist to join the events and exhibit I&D (install and dismantle) team. The Event Specialist should be client-focused and able to work well individually or as part of a team to successfully complete the asset preparation and on-site set up requirements of each assigned event. The ability to work efficiently to meet project standards and deadlines is a must. This position will require frequent travel during peak event season(s).
- Install and dismantle of exhibits and displays
- Stage and pack trade show exhibits and related materials
- Use of manual and power tools and finishing supplies for repairs, fabrication, maintenance, installation of exhibits
- Work on ladders and operate/use forklift, scissor lifts
- Use internal computer systems to receive and complete tasks and communicate with coworkers
- Navigate event services resources at convention centers and venues, such as general contractor, decorator and freight
- Other warehouse duties as assigned: QC inspection, shipping/receiving, pickup/delivery, housekeeping
RRD is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer
- Proficiency in construction and cabinetry skills, proficient in use of hand and power tools
- At least 2 years’ experience in exhibit production, execution or related
- Read and analyze production and shipping orders to determine exhibit requirements
- Assemble components of exhibit based on design specifications and setup instructions
- Evaluate assembled exhibit for damages to structure, surfaces, packaging, graphics, wiring, etc.
- Suggest improvements or upgrades to structure, surfaces, packaging, graphics, wiring, etc.
- Efficiently communicate with other departments as needed to facilitate timely execution of responsibilities
- Label components to facilitate ease of setup on-site or ease of return to warehouse inventory
- Record components, graphics, and shipping containers using standardized forms (BOLs, etc)
- Learn and utilize warehouse and event software programs to perform functions of job
- Package and label pallets and containers for storage in warehouse, efficient transport, effective deployment
- Transport and securely store pallets and containers in storage racks using forklift
- Maintain all equipment to ensure proper functionality
- Complete quality control checks on event pack list prep and staging
- Maintain clean and safe working environment
Perform accurate inventory procedures
- Frequent lifting of up to 40 lbs. and occasional lifting over 70 lbs.
- Walking and/or standing for more than 4 hours at a time
- Comfortable working on ladders
- Basic computer skills
- Valid driver’s license