Platemaker/Proofer - Swing shift
Position Summary: Create and inspect proofs in a fast paced environment, entry-level position.
- Produce, trim, and assemble imposition and color proofs.
- Review proofs for defects and/or mistakes.
- Operate CTP equipment and preform quality checks on finished plates.
- Preform maintenance on CTP equipment and replenish chemical solutions.
- Operate CAD table to produce structural samples and cut printing blankets.
- Assist prepress operators with any other tasks.
Shift hours: M-F, 2 PM - 10 PM
RRD is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Working knowledge in how to use a computer.
- Desire to continually learn new processes.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to work well with co-workers.
While performing the duty of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to fumes, wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, and risk of electrical shock. Employees are expected to use PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) and follow appropriate procedures as recommended by EHS when conditions require its use. This may include, but is not limited to: hearing protection, goggles, safety shoes, lockout/tagout, etc.
Lifting up to 25 lbs occasionally to move objects. While performing the duties of this job, the employee will frequently sit, use hands and fingers repetitively, climb, talk or hear, reach (extending hands and arms in any direction), bend, twist, and walk (moving about to accomplish tasks), lift (raising objects from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position to position.
1+ years of experience in the printing industry