Cutter Operator / Bindery Operator
Set up, adjust and operate Polar Cutter and/or set up automatic bindery machines containing multiple functions and station capabilities which can be electromechanically combined with other equipment and devices to produce a complete bindery and finishing unit that processes printed sheets into final books, catalogs, manuals, directories, magazines or other completed products. Inspect equipment for safety issues. Make needed adjustments to coordinate the multiple work stations on a single machine. Monitor quality, output and productivity. Other Bindery skills: folders and stitchers a plus!
RRD is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer
- General knowledge of bindery machines (i.e. fully automatic jogging machines, automated stackers, either individually or combined) or cutting experience to perform the full range of standard and specialized cutting of printed materials preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of the set up, operating requirements, procedures, capabilities and limitations of one or more bindery machines to perform the full range of standard and specialized finishing of printed materials to complete a combined finishing product.
- Ability to read and interpret written work orders or other job specifications containing bindery requirements which indicate the number and sequence of machine operations required to complete the work and to maintain dimensional accuracy in accordance with instructions provided; independently makes decisions on the type of equipment to be used.
- Knowledge of the quality and machining requirements of various coated and uncoated types of paper stock.
- Skill in setting up and adjusting machines for finishing operations and to refine such adjustments for the weight, color, machinability and quality of paper stock being used and to prevent machining impressions on the printed materials.
- Must be able to calculate distances, clearances, and fits in combining machines.
- Skill in using the full range of standard and specialized tools and devices to adjust and maintain the functional accuracy and operating conditions of the bindery machines.
- Must be able to maintain good attendance.
- Must be willing to work weekend overtime as needed.
- Must be able to flex schedule to meet the needs of production, including working a different shift if needed.
- Must be able to frequently lift up to 20 pounds and occasionally lift up to 50 pounds.
- 12 hours shifts - works every other weekend, 7pm to 7am