Provides first line leadership within a manufacturing operational unit, providing quality products and services, on schedule, within budgeted cost parameters. Aligns unit’s capabilities with the goals of the organization.
- Maximizes equipment capabilities, applies new technologies, and/or productive capabilities.
- Provides technical leadership concerning web offset printing issues.
- Provides leadership to shift concerning quality, safety, productivity and daily activities.
- Identify and develop employees for promotion opportunities.
- Develops and maintains an effective and involved work force through performance leadership, education, communications, and policies which support diversity and team effectiveness.
- Manages all customer interfaces during assigned shift, including COK’s.
- Develops manufacturing plans, monitors quality, and delivers services which will attract and retain customers.
- Uses ethical business practices in dealing with customers, employees, vendors, suppliers, and the community.
- Manages and implements change to ensure continuous improvement.
- Must be be available to work weekends.
- Performs other duties as assigned or requested.
REQUIRED BACKGROUND AND EXPERIENCE
- 3-5 years in direct mail printing environment.
- Demonstrated leadership ability involving the direct supervision of multiple individuals.
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to hold self and other accountable for meeting performance expectations.
- Self-starter with exceptional time management, organizational and problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and problem solve with limited resources.
- Familiarity with postal specifications and regulations.
- Experience with Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Undergraduate (4 year) degree preferred.