Quality Inspector 3rd Shift
Perform visual inspection of printed materials for defects, such as loose, torn, or wrinkled pages, missing staples, incorrect bindings, incorrect book cases, and warped laminated paperback covers. Perform samples selection, taking random samples of publications from machine or table and examine the product for a variety of possible defects such as ragged edges, torn or wrinkled pages, incomplete cuts, incorrect bindings, smeared or blotched colors, dirt on the product, and any other visual defect that is out of specification. Follow inspection checklist and record any identified defects. Ensure that the products meet quality conformance specified by the customer. Prepare written reports and provide notification to manufacturing management of know or found defects.
RRD is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer
Responsible for performing inspections of products and processes to ensure conformance to customer specifications, RR Donnelley and regulatory quality requirements. Specific areas:
- Quality review & inspection activities
- Job Boxes Activities:
- New orders- ensure all Job boxes have all the materials (Mock up, Mylar & Pound offs) & 3 samples from the previous run
- Rerun orders- remove all old samples, check for Mylar, Mock ups and prior signed off samples (DO NOT DISCARD SIGNED OFF PIECES)
- Organization of Queue-room:
- Maintain factory log
- Review factory ticket
- Maintain in / ready racks by type of equipment
- Production activities:
- Maintain retain & sample log
- Organize retain bins
- Maintain sales sample racks
- Assist operators with quality pulls and samples
- Review all quality retains and document findings
- Pull and examine samples per factory ticket requests. Coordinate with Assembly for preparation when required to send to customer. Coordinate and deliver requested samples to small parcels coordinator as required.
- Coordinate & communicate with Project Managers
- Communicate with Quality Lead, supervision, operators/assistants and helpers.
- Job Boxes Activities:
The duties and responsibilities described above are the essential functions of the job. The qualifications below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
- HS diploma or equivalent with 2 years of relevant administrative/operational support in manufacturing operations or office environment directly related to the duties of the job, OR demonstrated ability to meet the job requirements through a comparable number of years of work experience.
- Requires good knowledge of general/standard administrative/manufacturing operations procedures and methods to successfully complete the duties of the job.
- Must have general knowledge of technology to include computers and software programs such as MS Office or MAC word processing, spreadsheets or other programs related to the print manufacturing process or administrative support.
- Must be familiar with applicable skills and procedures required to perform the duties listed in the job.
- Must have good oral and written communication skills sufficient to provide routine information, answer inquiries and/or refer calls; English speaking skills required.
- Requires good organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to solve problems related to duties of the job.
Standing / lifting / bending / grasping