Basic principles and practices of; plumbing and rest room repair; heating and ventilation unit repairs; cement and carpentry work; plastering and painting procedures; electrical repairs; a variety of hand, power and shop tools, welders, lathes, drill presses, surface grinders or other machine shop equipment; basic mathematical principles; safe work methods and safety regulations pertaining to the work.
RRD is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer
The duties listed below are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the class.
- Performs a variety of building maintenance duties including painting, plastering, tile and carpentry work, and other related duties.
- Repairs plumbing at assigned facilities and picnic shelters; operates power auger to clear drains; installs new pipes or drains as necessary.
- Troubleshoots and repairs electrical problems, installs and maintains equipment such as motors, lighting circuits, timers, clocks and other power equipment; repairs or replaces switches, outlets, breakers, fuses and wiring; replaces light bulbs.
- Maintains heating, refrigeration and ventilation units; troubleshoots and repairs units as necessary.
- Performs a variety of carpentry duties as assigned.
- Estimates and requisitions materials and supplies for assigned projects; orders equipment needed and maintains work records.
- Operates a variety of motorized vehicles and performs utility duties such as loading, hauling and unloading of materials and supplies.
- Maintains the organization’s production equipment. Repairs and maintains in accordance with diagrams, sketches, operation manuals and manufacturer’s specifications. Machinery and mechanical equipment to include die cutters, web and sheet-fed presses, inserting machines, folders, conveyor systems, bindery equipment etc.
Responds to emergency call-out work and assists other departments as needed.