Operations Clerk/Shift Lead (2nd Shift)
Los Angeles, CA•
- Perform routine but varied clerical duties on the manufacturing floor in accordance with standard procedures.
- Troubleshoot and Output distribution lists
- Support/coordinate Shipping needs (i.e. UPS, FedEx)
- Communicate with other departments such as Customer Service and provide updates and/or information as requested.
- Act as Shift Lead by providing oversight and quality control.
- Provide clerical support by recording, entering and verifying data from a variety of sources and documents.
- Maintain records, compile standard reports, file, tabulate, and performing routine clerical tasks related to manufacturing.
- Responsible for data entry, reporting, checking or verifying of information, generating reports and responding to data requests.
- May assist with special projects related to manufacturing efficiencies.
- Follow detailed procedures to perform routine packing work.
- Pick and package a variety of printed materials or print related items that require a limited variety of packing procedures and techniques.
- Place, arrange, mark, seal, and tag items on pallets and in containers, bins, and bulk storage. Consolidate various items for shipment in accordance with standard operating instructions.
- Assemble finished products into boxes or containers for shipping. Count and sort various product items.
- Perform related tasks such as placing labels on packages, putting manuals into binders, and handling boxes for final product.
- Ensure accurate shipping information is attached and packages are shipped according to specified schedule.
RRD is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer
RRD will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Ordinance.
- Minimum 1 to 3 years’ experience working in a distribution and/or shipping environment.
- Administrative, clerical, shipping and warehouse experience.
- Familiar with MS Excel, and data entry.
- Skill in reading specifications and identifying the correct parts for fulfilling customer orders.
- Knowledge of routine packing procedures, techniques, equipment, and basic warehouse procedures.
- Skill in using a limited variety of packing procedures and techniques.
- Knowledge of shipping documents and ability to identify shipping requirements and procedures for specific items using manual or automated processes.
- Skill in completing manual and computerized forms and shipping documents regarding stock description, units of issue, weight, quantity, and labeling requirements for incoming and outgoing materials and equipment.
- Requires basic arithmetic and standard formulas to determine size and volume of packing containers and materials.
- Skill in assembling standard shipping boxes and packing contents securely.