Senior Application Developer
This client facing role with minimal travel will require you to have at least three years of client facing experience working on software projects. In addition to technology domain expertise, this individual must have project management skills and the necessary skills to implement complex client requirements in the required timeline using end user facing platforms. You are responsible for building moderate to complex front end user experiences and the back end logic required to support solutions.
- Implement and configure marketing automation software for clients based on their business needs and requirements. (There will be a particular focus on Responsys and Eloqua but will cross-train in Salesforce Marketing Cloud).
- Work with business stakeholders, developers, and other disciplines to understand business needs, design effective solutions, and ensure the successful delivery of the solution
- Continue on with client and solution past implementation and oversee support and enhancements
- Ensure solution meets performance criteria, customer SLAs, and compliance policies
- Act as the technical leader and reference on complex and/or extensive projects
- Configuration and design to meet client business needs
- Proactive problem diagnosis, troubleshooting and resolution
- Knowledge transfer/training to clients and teammates on solution implemented
- Facilitation of requirements gathering
- Manage multiple client engagements and work with associated team members
- Develop discovery session questionnaire for new client
- Create the functional specifications and ensure they align with the overall implementation design
- Work closely with project and account management
- Responsible for the user acceptance test plan and implementation sign-off
- Evaluate and minimize risk to the solution
- Provide recommendations to management to assist the decisions on proposed investments/solutions
- Support sales team with solution scoping, presentations, demonstrations and use of project estimating tools
- Bachelor degree in discipline related to functional work or role with 10+ years of relevant work experience OR demonstrated ability to meet the job requirements through a comparable number of years of applicable work experience.
- Solid understanding of and experience with:
- Solution design and architecture
- Microsoft .NET knowledge
- Microsoft SQL knowledge
- Relational database concepts, with exposure to SQL
- Data management, segmentation, and ETL best practices
- Scripting and query development
- Web analytics
- Certified or experience developer / consultant with Responsys and/or Eloqua platforms is strongly preferred
- Experience coding in RPL (Oracle Responsys language) is preferred but not required
- Six years of software implementation experience, programming and client facing experience combined at the minimum
- Nice to have experience with:
- Understanding how networks operate including DNS, NAT, VPN, configuration
- Hands-on shell scripting experience (bash, cshell, bat)
- Hands-on experience setting up SMTP mail exchanges
- Skills and related qualifications include technical management, technical understanding, analyzing information, advanced written-verbal communication, complex problem solving, strategic planning, quality management, budget management, asset management, excellent leadership.
- Able to apply broad work experience and knowledge when analyzing complex problems. Must be able to consistently identify critical elements, variables and alternatives to develop solutions.
- Must be able to organize/prioritize existing resources and incorporate new information, as needed, to implement the most effective solutions. Able to communicate clearly and courteously with those who need to know of decisions/actions/problems. Able to apply excellent business acumen and collaborative skills when resolving problems.
- Requires excellent communication skills with ability to state messages in a clear manner by using language that is easy for others to understand. Able to explain programs policies and procedures in language that is understood by others.
- Must be able to modify communication style both formal and informal to match the appropriate level of the audience targeted. Requires strong understanding of the impact of a message on the organization or customer. Able to write with the clarity and precision necessary for the work being performed.
RRD is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer