Success Coach/Academic Advisor 998414
Success Coach/Academic Advisor – Xavier University
The Xavier University Student Success Center has an adopted and enhanced mission to support the holistic, academic needs of all students. The Success Coach/Academic Advisor position is aligned with the important retention and persistence work by providing developmental, appreciative and intrusive advising techniques with their caseloads of students and beyond. Through the understanding of persistence research and predictive modeling, the Success Coach/Academic Advisor will proactively outreach to all students while also helping all students:
Navigate the University and understand policies, procedures, and deadlines;
- Monitor their progress and performance,
- Set goals and create customized action plans,
- Make informed decisions,
- Select courses that will lead to a degree,
- Understand University and community resources. In addition to one-on-one success coaching sessions, the Success Coach/Academic Advisor will teach Core 101 & Core 102, offer group advising and workshops, sometimes during evening/weekend hours and/or in alternate locations. Position may also assist in the training of new faculty/staff advisors at Xavier, create and publish reports, use data to effectively inform decisions, aid in the supervision of student staff, serve on committees, and more. The expectation is the Success Coach/Academic Advisor will serve students face-to-face Monday to Friday, 8:30 – 5:00 PM, as well as some evenings during high volume times. The successful candidate will have two or more years’ experience working in an education setting with students who may be at risk. The Success Coach/Academic Advisor should have a demonstrated ability to work effectively with unique populations of students, e.g., students of color, transfer students, students on probation/returning from dismissal, exploratory (undecided) majors. This is an hourly, non-exempt position. The salary range is $39,000 - $42,000 with a competitive compensation package and tuition remission options.
- Master’s Degree in education, counseling or related field
- 2 or more years’ experience in educational setting
To ensure consideration, interested/qualified applicants must submit a cover letter, resume and the names and contact information of three professional references on Xavier University’s website by October 22, 2019.
XAVIER UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER